Question Cannot factory reset

Search This thread
When I try to flash using ODIN, it fails due to FRP lock. Is there any way to bypass FRP lock on a device that's in airplane mode, not connected to Wifi and the screen is locked?
Hi mate

You need to enter the old Google password of the phone , in order to avoid this you should had disable it before you factory reset the phone

KOKJ

Oct 7, 2007
Hi mate

You need to enter the old Google password of the phone , in order to avoid this you should had disable it before you factory reset the phone
I appreciate your feedback, but there's nowhere to enter a password. The screen is locked and I don't have the passcode. I'm trying to wipe it but can't. I can't flash it because FRP lock. So the phone has not been reset yet because I cant. Thanks tho

I appreciate your feedback, but there's nowhere to enter a password. The screen is locked and I don't have the passcode. I'm trying to wipe it but can't. I can't flash it because FRP lock. So the phone has not been reset yet because I cant. Thanks tho
You mention it was on airplane mode , no wi-fi so your phone boots up , right? usually when it first boot it should ask you introduce the password of your associated email ( google most cases).

But explain what happened , how you got FRP without reseting the phone ?

Reactions: blackhawk

KOKJ

Oct 7, 2007
You mention it was on airplane mode , no wi-fi so your phone boots up , right? usually when it first boot it should ask you introduce the password of your associated email ( google most cases).

I don't know what else to say. I've said it all

Reactions: blackhawk

KOKJ

Oct 7, 2007
I have access to the Google account. It has not had unauthorized access.

junaidafzal55

Nov 3, 2021
When I try to perform a factory reset on this device, and I get into the recovery, there is no option to "Wipe/Factory Reset."Any idea how to get this thing reset?
Simultaneously press and hold the Volume up and side buttons until the device vibrates and the Android Recovery screen appears then release all buttons. Allow up to 30 seconds for the recovery screen to appear. From the Android Recovery screen, select Wipe data/Factory reset.

KOKJ

Oct 7, 2007
Simultaneously press and hold the Volume up and side buttons until the device vibrates and the Android Recovery screen appears then release all buttons. Allow up to 30 seconds for the recovery screen to appear. From the Android Recovery screen, select Wipe data/Factory reset.
Seriously? Why didn't I think of that? On a serious note, if you read the thread you'll see that this doesn't work.

iBowToAndroid

Account currently disabled
Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
Post a picture of the text that appears in the upper left corner in Download mode

Seriously? Why didn't I think of that? On a serious note, if you read the thread you'll see that this doesn't work.
Reading is hard, mmmkay? 😂

It sounds like you're dealing with an MDM lock. FRP doesn't prohibit stock firmware from being flashed, but MDM does. And an MDM lock would also prevent it from being factory reset via the Recovery menu. I was asking for the Download mode picture in order to confirm the MDM status

KOKJ

Oct 7, 2007
Reading is hard, mmmkay? 😂

It sounds like you're dealing with an MDM lock. FRP doesn't prohibit stock firmware from being flashed, but MDM does. And an MDM lock would also prevent it from being factory reset via the Recovery menu. I was asking for the Download mode picture in order to confirm the MDM status
Reading must be hard for you but I understand it. I didn't respond to you because there's no reason to attach a photo. I'm past it and this thread should be closed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I don't know what else to say. I've said it all