• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question Cannot get phone to pass SafetyNet after rooting

Search This thread

glitchsys

May 3, 2006
Sacramento
I've unlocked the bootloader. I've grabbed boot.img and patched it with Magisk, etc. and now I'm rooted. Great.
But I cannot pass SafetyNet.

I've done MagiskHide, easy enough.
But I also installed the "Universal SafetyNet Fix" module ("This is a universal fix for SafetyNet on devices with hardware attestation and unlocked bootloaders or custom verified boot keys. It defeats both hardware attestation and the new SafetyNet CTS profile updates released on January 12, 2021. The only requirement is that you can pass basic attestation, which requires a valid combination of device and model names, build fingerprints, and security patch levels.")
And I've also installed the "MagiskHide Props Config" module and run the "props" command. I've tried going through various options, changing the signature (they don't have OnePlus 9 Pro though, best I could do was OnePlus 8T Pro) and even doing full emulation. No matter what options I try, I cannot pass SafetyNet. As a result, things like Netflix won't show up in the play store.

Anybody had any luck?

In the past I've additionally installed a custom kernel, one that would hide the fact that the bootloader was unlocked and help pass safetynet. I think that's the "puzzle piece" I'm missing.

I can't stand the new xda forums. Can't easily find the kernel development threads or even the custom ROM's threads.

glitchsys

May 3, 2006
Sacramento
Son of a ... Ok, well that worked. Kind of annoyed I learned all about "Universal SafetyNet Fix" and hardware attestation and the new SafetyNet CTS profile updates released on January 12, 2021. And then I learned about
MagiskHide Props Config and props files and device fingerprints, etc.
Oh well, at least I can pass safetynet.

Should I delete this thread? Help reduce some clutter.

Reactions: entropism

terlynn4

Aug 18, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Nexus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
Son of a ... Ok, well that worked. Kind of annoyed I learned all about "Universal SafetyNet Fix" and hardware attestation and the new SafetyNet CTS profile updates released on January 12, 2021. And then I learned about

I would leave the thread so that people can search if they have the same issue. Not everyone knows to use canary (obviously... lol) and there are other good ideas in your post that may resolve other issues.

Levi4cyber

Apr 26, 2018
OnePlus 9 Pro
I've enabled magical hide, have added props config module and changed fingerprint to Pixel 5, and have flashed universal safetynet fix, and lastly I updated to canary build. I still don't pass CTS. Any help?

luckylui

Aug 14, 2010
Chi-Town
OnePlus 9 Pro
I installed this Canary version from Magisk GitHub and pass... T-Mobile variant running it with Omega Kernel.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210506-081510.jpg
    Screenshot_20210506-081510.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20210506-081505.jpg
    Screenshot_20210506-081505.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 42
  • app-debug.apk
    12.4 MB · Views: 19
Reactions: galaxys

luckylui

Aug 14, 2010
Chi-Town
OnePlus 9 Pro
I am passing safety net, but can't get Netflix to work. It is saying it's not compatible with my device and to update to latest ve
Did you clear data and cache for the play store and also Magisk hide all the Google Play Service information.. it's working for me..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210506-190049.jpg
    Screenshot_20210506-190049.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20210506-081442.jpg
    Screenshot_20210506-081442.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 34

terlynn4

Aug 18, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Nexus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
I am passing safety net, but can't get Netflix to work. It is saying it's not compatible with my device and to update to latest version
I had to uninstall all updates to Netflix and then update again in the Play Store to get it working again. Before the last OTA I had to install a standalone APK over the system Netflix because Play Store version didn't work at all. Netflix does work on rooted devices, it's just a bit of a hassle for some reason.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There's an issue with safetynet on the latest Magisk. You need the canary version to pass safetynet.

I would leave the thread so that people can search if they have the same issue. Not everyone knows to use canary (obviously... lol) and there are other good ideas in your post that may resolve other issues.

I installed this Canary version from Magisk GitHub and pass... T-Mobile variant running it with Omega Kernel.