Cannot install any new ROMs cuz Activesync!!

Search This thread

shady79

Mar 24, 2006
Dirty Jersey
Well i just picked up my new Tilt a few days ago and have not be able to try out any ROMs yet cuz activesync is crazy. I had 4.2 running just fine for the longest time with no problems. I now have the tilt and needed to upgrade to AS 4.5, so i did with the cd from the tilt and everything went fine. I restarted after install, clicked AS to open and nothing happened. I connect the tilt and the icon in task bar turns green and spins and says connected, but no AS window. I can explore the phone, go to connection settings from right clicking the icon, but i cannot get the window to open. I have google'd from here to goggleland and back and cannot get it working. I actually did get the window to open ONCE, after i completely uninstalled Kaspersky 7.0. But then after i closed it it never opened again. The one thing i noticed is that if i open the task manager on my pc wcescomm.exe and rapimgr.exe are running, but not WCESMgr.exe. When i double click the AS icon i see in task mgr that WCESMgr comes up but then disappears. Does anyone have any ideas as to what i can do??

persiansown

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2007
Try uninstalling activesync completely, restarting, then trying to install again.

GTRoberts

Mar 22, 2007
Sydney
Yes definitely uninstall AS completely, check the registry, restart and then install AS4.5. I've found that was always the best method when "upgrading" to AS4.5.

shady79

Mar 24, 2006
Dirty Jersey
I have tried that a few times. Not totally sure how to check the registry for anything left behind. What should i look for? thanks for the help

ecltech

Oct 15, 2007
Uninstall Active Sync, reboot, disable any Antivirus you have running, install Active Sync (reboot if necessary) and re-enable Antivirus if necessary. This should work. I've had strange issues with Active Sync in the past and this seems to work.