Question Cannot locate Battery Optimization page

Search This thread

xpking

Apr 20, 2006
Anyone know how can I get to this page in S22 plus?
I remember I installed an apps that leads me to this page, I did the settings at that time.
But now I cannot locate this page, I cannot find out how I can get in.
Anyone has ideas?
Thank you.

samsung5.png

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
They changed it around I think. It's still in Device Care, Samsung wuvs hidden menus...
I recommend you don't enable it as it's known to cause erratic behavior.
Try a search in settings for it.

xpking

Apr 20, 2006
They changed it around I think. It's still in Device Care, Samsung wuvs hidden menus...
I recommend you don't enable it as it's known to cause erratic behavior.
Try a search in settings for it.
Thanks.
I tried searching by my eyes and using search field, still no luck.
I want to change that as it seems like the phone is still killing my apps.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Thanks.
I tried searching by my eyes and using search field, still no luck.
I want to change that as it seems like the phone is still killing my apps.
Developer options>standby apps, all buckets should show as active otherwise power management is enabled, their state can not be altered if power management is disabled. However you can't disable global power management here.

xpking

Apr 20, 2006
Developer options>standby apps, all buckets should show as active otherwise power management is enabled, their state can not be altered if power management is disabled. However you can't disable global power management here.
Thank you.
But i don't think the options i am looking for is in developer options.
messing up the settings there is not a good idea...

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Thank you.
But i don't think the options i am looking for is in developer options.
messing up the settings there is not a good idea...
You don't understand.
It's a test.
The ability or lack of ability to change the bucket state of the apps will indicate if power management is enabled.
Try changing one from active to rarely used, nothing will change if power management isn't enabled. You can't change it's state, and the options while not greyed out do not indicate being touched let alone change the app's bucket state.

In reality even with power management active resetting the bucket states does little. You can't crash Android by doing it... lol, I've tested that.
You'll be disappointed by the lack of any tangible results instead. However it's a quick, easy litmus test to see if global power management is enabled🤣

Changing individual apps, battery "allow background usage" setting doesn't effect their bucket state. Enabling power management in Device Care does, and that will cause issues.
Like apps shutting down while using them such as bt with screen off while listening to music.

xpking

Apr 20, 2006
You don't understand.
It's a test.
The ability or lack of ability to change the bucket state of the apps will indicate if power management is enabled.
Try changing one from active to rarely used, nothing will change if power management isn't enabled. You can't change it's state, and the options while not greyed out do not indicate being touched let alone change the app's bucket state.

In reality even with power management active resetting the bucket states does little. You can't crash Android by doing it... lol, I've tested that.
You'll be disappointed by the lack of any tangible results instead. However it's a quick, easy litmus test to see if global power management is enabled🤣

Changing individual apps, battery "allow background usage" setting doesn't effect their bucket state. Enabling power management in Device Care does, and that will cause issues.
Like apps shutting down while using them such as bt with screen off while listening to music.
I tried as per your suggestion.
Nothing I can change for those apps.
After I changed to another other values it only stick with Active, no errors shown.

xpking

Apr 20, 2006
For One UI 4.0+, just go to Settings - Apps, select an app then select Battery. The 'Unrestrict' option is the same as 'Not Optimized'.
Thanks.
I tried this and also add exceptions to apps clean up.
But some apps seems still being killed.
That's why I am looking for that page.
That Battrery Optimization page exist on S10+ and also I saw in S22+ too.

Thanks.
I tried this and also add exceptions to apps clean up.
But some apps seems still being killed.
That's why I am looking for that page.
That Battrery Optimization page exist on S10+ and also I saw in S22+ too.
As you can see in the video below, the 'Unrestrict' option is the same as 'Not Optimized' in Battery Optimization setting. I think the error you are facing is because of the application is not well compatible with the new operating system.

Btw, I have figured out a method to open the hidden Battery Optimization setting:
1. Install Vanced Manager and Vanced MicroG.
2. Make sure Vanced MicroG's Battery Setting is set to Optimized.
3. Close Vanced MicroG and reopen until 'Keep MicroG in background' notification appears. Expand then click on this notification, the Battery Optimization Settings page will appear.

Attachments

• Screen_Recording_20220312-181526_Settings.mp4
    15.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

xpking

Apr 20, 2006
As you can see in the video below, the 'Unrestrict' option is the same as 'Not Optimized' in Battery Optimization setting. I think the error you are facing is because of the application is not well compatible with the new operating system.

Btw, I have figured out a method to open the hidden Battery Optimization setting:
1. Install Vanced Manager and Vanced MicroG.
2. Make sure Vanced MicroG's Battery Setting is set to Optimized.
3. Close Vanced MicroG and reopen until 'Keep MicroG in background' notification appears. Expand then click on this notification, the Battery Optimization Settings page will appear.
Thank you very much for helping!!

xpking

Apr 20, 2006
What you want is to launch com.android.settings.Settings$HighPowerApplicationsActivity class

Try to install Shortcut Maker (Rushikesh Developer) and search for intent "Ignore battery optimization settings"

It will do the trick
Very great suggestion and Shortcut Maker is a good apps too.
Thank you very much!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What you want is to launch com.android.settings.Settings$HighPowerApplicationsActivity class

Try to install Shortcut Maker (Rushikesh Developer) and search for intent "Ignore battery optimization settings"

It will do the trick