• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

cannot read from port

how to solve the error "cannot read from port " for bricked phone

• try to install adb drivers to come into fastboot mode

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • use qpst flash tool alternate of miflash

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Sushant124

Jul 20, 2021
hey I am trying to flash bricked miA3 on miflash but it constantly given me error "cannot read from the port " can anyone help me what should to do I tried every port of my laptop but it sitill given me that error

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-26 191647.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-26 191647.png
    63.3 KB · Views: 5

Sushant124

Jul 20, 2021
You had to install qualcomm drivers for edl mode. Adb driver for fastboot. And put your phone into fastboot mode before connet to pc. Or will do not be recognized
my phone is bricked it does not come in fastboot mode I had accuatly install qualcomm driver to my pc but it still give me that error I open it from back and connect using two points from back but it still given me that error and one more thing I had unlocked its bootloader before bricked

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-27 122733.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-27 122733.png
    119.8 KB · Views: 3

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3
Don't open phone! Simply use USB... Maybe you have made a damage now .. give the phone to a repair center is best solution for you, before hard damage the mother board .. if is not yet... good luck. In my opinion now the problem is not software. You have used a bad cable

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3
Another thing... If the phone don't enter in fastboot, mean that bootloader is damaged, probably you have flashed a wrong firmare... Have tried to convert to mc9e? Because with AOSP ROM is quite impossible to make an hard brick. The installing instructions are clear and simply. Now I'm running android 12 beta 3. I have never hard bricked my phone. And opening phone maybe have also caused an hardware damage. But I saw that win have installed the Qualcomm port. So maybe you are lucky. I suggest you use normal USB...and different versions of miflash. How Marvin suggested... For future, use edl mode with caution.

Last edited: