Question Cannot register a new fingerprint in OnePlus 10 PRO

Search This thread

zopostyle

Hi again,

So, i'm trying to follow the tutorial here. I got stuck already in the first step - I cannot extract the boot file using Fastboot Enhance:

View attachment 5624521

This is although in this link I have downloaded a full version (EU version (NE2213_11.A.13)).

What should I do next please?
No, just forget about the rooting stuff for now. (skip those parts and go to the flashing the full image)
Just try to flash the full image, this will recreate your partitions and reapply everything.

If that doesn't work the next step is to go back to the original rom.

dkaro

May 27, 2022
I installed the driver, I ran the command adb reboot, I waited for my device to enter bootloader.

The moment my device entered bootloader - it was not recognized anymore by the pc. I even tried to follow these steps but after successfully followed it all - the device is still not recognized after entering bootloader mode.:

You can see here: device recognized, enter bootloader, device isn't recognized anymore:

1653691300339.png

update: actually the steps here helped, i had to use fastboot devices to identify the device. I was able FINALLY to unlock the device. Thanks !

HofaTheRipper

Apr 26, 2014
St. Veit an der Glan
I installed the driver, I ran the command adb reboot, I waited for my device to enter bootloader.

The moment my device entered bootloader - it was not recognized anymore by the pc. I even tried to follow these steps but after successfully followed it all - the device is still not recognized after entering bootloader mode.:

You can see here: device recognized, enter bootloader, device isn't recognized anymore:

View attachment 5624539
if you are in bootloader, you have to use fastboot commands....

fastboot devices instead of adb devices

sunhao

Feb 1, 2019
Don't worry, this is due to some errors in the flashing process that caused the fingerprint to not work. You can go to the oppo after-sales service to calibrate the fingerprint. This happened to me, and it took 3 minutes to calibrate it after going to the after-sales service.

sunhao

Feb 1, 2019
The fingerprint in this case does not work and cannot be solved by updating the system, including the Qualcomm 9008 mode. Because I have tried them all.

dkaro

May 27, 2022
@sunhao where did you go exactly please?

In the meantime i'll still try to fix my issue using the rom flash.

So I have finally reached the point that my device is unlocked. I'm reading the instructions here:

1. Should i start first with adb reboot bootloader?
2. where in those commands i can see any link to my downloaded file? it looks like it is not being used at all..

sunhao

Feb 1, 2019
@sunhao where did you go exactly please?

In the meantime i'll still try to fix my issue using the rom flash.

So I have finally reached the point that my device is unlocked. I'm reading the instructions here:

2. where in those commands i can see any link to my downloaded file? it looks like it is not being used at all..
I translated Chinese to English using Google Translate. In China, OnePlus and OPPO after-sales have merged. Where you can check the relevant after-sales, whether it is OnePlus or OPPO after-sales, they can perform fingerprint calibration. Qualcomm 9008 mode flashing is a remote online flashing performed by OnePlus after-sales engineers. After flashing, the fingerprint cannot be added. The specific performance is that on the fingerprint adding page, the phone will vibrate regularly and intermittently. Later, I communicated with OnePlus remote engineers. They said that the fingerprint calibration caused by unlocking the phone and rooting the device was lost, and it would be fine to go to the after-sales calibration.

dkaro

May 27, 2022
Yes indeed ! I have this vibrate forever thing on the error page.

Can you please give me a link to where I should talk to them? Was it a ticket? Email? Chat?

Thanks !

sunhao

Feb 1, 2019
Go to your local OnePlus official homepage, where is their contact information, and then ask for the address of their local OnePlus after-sales service center. You can also ask your local oppo after-sales service center if this problem can be solved. Official English homepage contact page: https://www.oneplus.com/support/contact

dkaro

May 27, 2022
OK thanks ! I'll try contacting them after the weekend.

In the meantime I still so no harm with trying to do a fresh install, maybe i'll get lucky.

https://www.getdroidtips.com/oneplus-10-pro-firmware-flash-file/#Via-Fastboot-Method

i'll appreciate if you guys can help me from here :)

dkaro

May 27, 2022
OK, thanks, i'll download the NA version then.

Edit: I tried several links there, and also the download link in here, and in all of them the notepad properties mentions that the OTA version target is 2213 or 2211, never 2215. So either its impossible to find online a proper stock rom or its still ok to use it even if it mentions a different version... any idea?

Also, can you guys please help me with the questions in post 33? as i'm still not super sure what to do with it (i have my device unlocked, an di have the file downloaded. What's next?)

Thanks !

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update: after updating again some drivers it worked !

Finally now its in the flash process, will update soon if it solved the problem :)

Thank you for your help.
    Thanks @dladz , but if you didn't notice i'm pretty green in this and have no experience nor knowledge here, so i'll kindly ask you to be a bit more clear with your explanations :) you use a lot of terms and actions as if I know what they are.

So, if i'm not rooted - how can I do it please?

needless to say that I have no idea what this means:
    You'd need to acquire the boot image from your current firmware..pop it on the phone and patch it, then copy the file it creates within downloads to your computer's adb/fastboot folder and then boot it NOT flash..

Fastboot boot (name of patched image)

Your phone will boot, after that you need to open Magisk and click install - direct install

or this:

Worth noting that if you are rooted and you send the su command from adb shell you'll receive a super user prompt on your phone which you have to allow.

Tbh though if you're running through the persist psrtition fix then this much should be obvious.

Sorry again for being so pain and thanks again !
    Thanks @dladz , but if you didn't notice i'm pretty green in this and have no experience nor knowledge here, so i'll kindly ask you to be a bit more clear with your explanations :) you use a lot of terms and actions as if I know what they are.

or this:

Right I see what you mean, I am actually being clear btw... Honestly. Right now. I haven't a tonne of time to go through it.. but that's besides the point, you need to learn a fair bit yourself, I would implore you do to that.

I have a pretty in depth guide in the 10 pro forum... It'll show you how to root your phone, I would recommend having a look at that, read through it and understand what's going on, if you've never done anything like this before then I would not recommend running through the persist fix, I'm not sure what could to wrong and without any back knowledge you could come unstuck, no body will do this for you.

It's totally your call though..I would advise against it, reason being you are always going to be on your own, if you get stuck and everybody says "sorry I can't help" then what do you do?

It's because of this you need to read, understand and have a go if you decide you can and have a way back if something goes wrong.

Good news is you've already flashed a firmware manually, so not many people have done that.. so you're not completely green.

Check my rooting guide if you want to commit to getting rooted, it's not hard, although it is based on the NE2213 which is the EU model, so you'll need to use fastboot enhance to extract your own boot image...

Personally, I would recommend sending this Chinese device back and getting a local device, it's worth the slightly extra cash, by miles.
    Actually you don't need to be rooted, show me a file with the full path? It'll be sdcard/ first then whatever the next folder is and so on.
    🤷‍♂️.... U are right.... lets end this...
    🤷‍♂️.... U are right.... lets end this...
    Oh wierd? Mine always has? Different file manager perhaps?

The point was to put it in the root of your phone, lowest level.

There's been a lot of people who's followed that guide to the letter and another tonne of people on the 8 pro using a very similar guide without someone saying sdcard doesn't exist..??

I agree. End it
    If that is the page showing I'm assuming you're on a gsi ROM and not oxygen os.
    Now it's better to reinstall OxygenOS completely because it doesn't seem to be the ROM you're running.

Search here on xda to unlock your bootloader and then you need to find the zip with the full ROM for you device and install it from fastboot as mentioned.
    For OxygenOS there is no A13 full yet...so you have to download A12 from this link: https://gauss-componentotacostmanua...22/03/24/a9f9e7ec682744c2ba606a366df587ac.zip

Source: https://www.xda-developers.com/oneplus-oxygenos-12-android-12-update-tracker/#oneplus10pro

The chinese one is hard to find, if I find it I post the link here...

Also this thread might help you: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/oneplus-10-pro-ne2215-rooted.4431585
    I've found out that the model number ne2210, ne2211,2213,2215 is due to the region difference.

So yes you can use any ROM for the region that you want on your phone.
    I recommend you to do the NE2213 since it's the global ROM, yours is the Indian version NE2215 l, here is the source.

Update: after updating again some drivers it worked !

Finally now its in the flash process, will update soon if it solved the problem :)

Thank you for your help.

You'd need to acquire the boot image from your current firmware..pop it on the phone and patch it, then copy the file it creates within downloads to your computer's adb/fastboot folder and then boot it NOT flash..

Fastboot boot (name of patched image)

Your phone will boot, after that you need to open Magisk and click install - direct install

or this:

Worth noting that if you are rooted and you send the su command from adb shell you'll receive a super user prompt on your phone which you have to allow.

Tbh though if you're running through the persist psrtition fix then this much should be obvious.