Question Cannot register a new fingerprint in OnePlus 10 PRO

Search This thread

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
OK, thanks, i'll download the NA version then.

Edit: I tried several links there, and also the download link in here, and in all of them the notepad properties mentions that the OTA version target is 2213 or 2211, never 2215. So either its impossible to find online a proper stock rom or its still ok to use it even if it mentions a different version... any idea?

Also, can you guys please help me with the questions in post 33? as i'm still not super sure what to do with it (i have my device unlocked, an di have the file downloaded. What's next?)

Thanks !
If you use another model number you'll essentially be changing region again.

I've not had to do it so I'm not sure what the risks are but if the firmware is a full variant then I can't see it being a problem.

Least that's my thinking..

It's half time between Liverpool and Madrid, I'll have a look for one for you now. Won't be long.

Just a thought but what about the dev preview? That has to be a full firmware?

Then just downgrade to whatever? Or am I missing something 🤣

Yea don't do that just yet. Let someone else chime in, but if my logic is right then that could work with a local install potentially.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-05-28-21-38-37-44_1f7d930ac4546e961acbbe2ed3d9ab7f.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-05-28-21-38-37-44_1f7d930ac4546e961acbbe2ed3d9ab7f.jpg
    560.5 KB · Views: 18

zopostyle

I've found out that the model number ne2210, ne2211,2213,2215 is due to the region difference.

So yes you can use any ROM for the region that you want on your phone.
I recommend you to do the NE2213 since it's the global ROM, yours is the Indian version NE2215 l, here is the source.

Reactions: dladz

sunhao

Feb 1, 2019
OK, thanks, i'll download the NA version then.

Edit: I tried several links there, and also the download link in here, and in all of them the notepad properties mentions that the OTA version target is 2213 or 2211, never 2215. So either its impossible to find online a proper stock rom or its still ok to use it even if it mentions a different version... any idea?

Also, can you guys please help me with the questions in post 33? as i'm still not super sure what to do with it (i have my device unlocked, an di have the file downloaded. What's next?)

Thanks !
Today the system is updated from coloros NE2210 A.15 to NE2215 A.13, the fingerprint cannot be added, and I went to the after-sales service center to calibrate the optical fingerprint, and now the fingerprint can be added.
By the way, the after-sales calibration optical fingerprint here is a free service。

dkaro

May 27, 2022
Unfortunately I cannot use the after sales support as in my country its the official importer and he refuse to give me support as I bought it in Aliexpress. So trying to flash a new rom looks to be my only option.

I recommend you to do the NE2213 since it's the global ROM, yours is the Indian version NE2215 l, here is the source.

So as per your recommendation guys, i'm trying now to install the 2213. However, when I reach step 9 in the tutorial, it asks me to click on reboot to bootloader:

1653815707295.png

However, for me for some reason I see instead "Reboot to Fastboot":

1653815780661.png

No idea why.. But as I did in the "adb reboot bootloader" command I think i'm already in bootloader (although in the tutorial it also asks you to do it before.. so i don't get this step 10). So I was thinking of just proceeding.

Then, when i'm trying to flash the payload bin, i'm getting this error:

1653815876660.png

I tried to click on the "Reboot to Fastbootd" button in the Enhance app and indeed its booted to fastbootd mode (looks very much alike recovery mode)

But then I cannot proceed because it looks like the Enhance app is stuck:

1653816973083.png

and it remains like this even after the phone was rebooted to fastbootd mode.

When I try to open again the enhance app it looks like it doesn't recognize my device anymore once its in fastbootd mode..

Any idea what to do next?

Thanks !

Attachments

• 1653815771780.png
    1653815771780.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

hkguyor

Dec 9, 2010
HONG KONG
Unfortunately I cannot use the after sales support as in my country its the official importer and he refuse to give me support as I bought it in Aliexpress. So trying to flash a new rom looks to be my only option.

So as per your recommendation guys, i'm trying now to install the 2213. However, when I reach step 9 in the tutorial, it asks me to click on reboot to bootloader:

View attachment 5625387

However, for me for some reason I see instead "Reboot to Fastboot":

View attachment 5625391

No idea why.. But as I did in the "adb reboot bootloader" command I think i'm already in bootloader (although in the tutorial it also asks you to do it before.. so i don't get this step 10). So I was thinking of just proceeding.

Then, when i'm trying to flash the payload bin, i'm getting this error:

View attachment 5625397

I tried to click on the "Reboot to Fastbootd" button in the Enhance app and indeed its booted to fastbootd mode (looks very much alike recovery mode)

But then I cannot proceed because it looks like the Enhance app is stuck:

View attachment 5625407

and it remains like this even after the phone was rebooted to fastbootd mode.

When I try to open again the enhance app it looks like it doesn't recognize my device anymore once its in fastbootd mode..

Any idea what to do next?

Thanks !
click "Reboot to Fastbootd" is correct

dkaro

May 27, 2022
Update: after updating again some drivers it worked !

Finally now its in the flash process, will update soon if it solved the problem :)

Thank you for your help.

sunhao

Feb 1, 2019

Finally now its in the flash process, will update soon if it solved the problem :)

Thank you for your help.
The name of the tool to calibrate the screen fingerprint is called optical screen fingerprint calibrator, you can search it in google.
You can also consult other mobile phone after-sales service, this tool can be purchased on Chinese shopping sites.You can see if you can buy it in your country's shopping site.
Relife RL-071 Optical Fingerprint Calibrator_1.jpg

dkaro

May 27, 2022
OK here is my update: it didn't help :(

I finished indeed the stock rom flash but fingerprint issue is still there.

@sunhao thank you i'll try to find out about this device

Last edited:

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
Whilst you're there.. I'd try the persist partition fix.. obviously don't use anything specific to the 8 pro, but the theory should be sound..

Also where they're using MSM, you can do the same flash you just did instead.

I would at this point contact the seller, it's ridiculous that you're doing any of this.

Get ready to hand this back and get your money

sunhao

Feb 1, 2019
Whilst you're there.. I'd try the persist partition fix.. obviously don't use anything specific to the 8 pro, but the theory should be sound..

Also where they're using MSM, you can do the same flash you just did instead.

I would at this point contact the seller, it's ridiculous that you're doing any of this.

Get ready to hand this back and get your money

I have already encountered this situation. It is not that the partition is lost. Specifically, you can enter the following command on the dial interface to check: *#899#-manual test-top tab choose 'device debugging'-Finger print test. You can find that the fingerprint firmware and driver are fine, the final fingerprint reader calibration is lost.

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
I have already encountered this situation. It is not that the partition is lost. Specifically, you can enter the following command on the dial interface to check: *#899#-manual test-top tab choose 'device debugging'-Finger print test. You can find that the fingerprint firmware and driver are fine, the final fingerprint reader calibration is lost.
Then things get really simple..

Do you expect somebody to take apart a brand new phone?? To replace a fingerprint sensor??

Calibration I would imagine is part of the persist partition.

He needs to send the phone back to the Muppet who sold it to him.. end of story.

If anyone is taking the device apart I'd honestly describe that as idiotic.

You'll lose what little warranty you have on a Chinese device.

You'd lose waterproofing.

It may not work at all.

You may brick or break the phone..

That's the end of the road as far as I'm concerned.

PS: I would definitely run through the persist fix, 100%

If that fails I'd return the device, you shouldn't have to deal with this crap.

Last edited:

dkaro

May 27, 2022
Thanks @dladz , i'm trying to do it but i get stuck almost at the beginning, the "su" part isn't working for me:

1653833559186.png

Any idea?

sunhao

Feb 1, 2019
Then things get really simple..

Do you expect somebody to take apart a brand new phone?? To replace a fingerprint sensor??

Calibration I would imagine is part of the persist partition.

He needs to send the phone back to the Muppet who sold it to him.. end of story.

If anyone is taking the device apart I'd honestly describe that as idiotic.

You'll lose what little warranty you have on a Chinese device.

You'd lose waterproofing.

It may not work at all.

You may brick or break the phone..

That's the end of the road as far as I'm concerned.

PS: I would definitely run through the persist fix, 100%

If that fails I'd return the device, you shouldn't have to deal with this crap.
It's good news if the fingerprint sensor can be repaired through the persist partition. This failure is part of the partition calibration data loss, not hardware damage.

Here is a post that uses an eraser to draw vertical lines to calibrate, you can read it in translation.

Web links

dkaro

May 27, 2022
How I can be not rooted If I did the flash before that?

When I'm running adb devices I can see my device details. and When i'm booting to bootloader the device is unlocked..

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
How I can be not rooted If I did the flash before that?

When I'm running adb devices I can see my device details. and When i'm booting to bootloader the device is unlocked..
None of that means you're rooted mate?

Unlocking the bootloader gives the privileges to acquire root but doesn't provide it.

You'd need to acquire the boot image from your current firmware..pop it on the phone and patch it, then copy the file it creates within downloads to your computer's adb/fastboot folder and then boot it NOT flash..

Fastboot boot (name of patched image)

Your phone will boot, after that you need to open Magisk and click install - direct install.

Then you're rooted and it'll survive a reboot.

If you haven't done this then superuser (su) will not work.

Worth noting that if you are rooted and you send the su command from adb shell you'll receive a super user prompt on your phone which you have to allow.

Tbh though if you're running through the persist psrtition fix then this much should be obvious.

dkaro

May 27, 2022
Thanks @dladz , but if you didn't notice i'm pretty green in this and have no experience nor knowledge here, so i'll kindly ask you to be a bit more clear with your explanations :) you use a lot of terms and actions as if I know what they are.

So, if i'm not rooted - how can I do it please?

needless to say that I have no idea what this means:
You'd need to acquire the boot image from your current firmware..pop it on the phone and patch it, then copy the file it creates within downloads to your computer's adb/fastboot folder and then boot it NOT flash..

Your phone will boot, after that you need to open Magisk and click install - direct install

or this:

Worth noting that if you are rooted and you send the su command from adb shell you'll receive a super user prompt on your phone which you have to allow.

Tbh though if you're running through the persist psrtition fix then this much should be obvious.

Sorry again for being so pain and thanks again !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If that is the page showing I'm assuming you're on a gsi ROM and not oxygen os.
    Now it's better to reinstall OxygenOS completely because it doesn't seem to be the ROM you're running.

Search here on xda to unlock your bootloader and then you need to find the zip with the full ROM for you device and install it from fastboot as mentioned.
    For OxygenOS there is no A13 full yet...so you have to download A12 from this link: https://gauss-componentotacostmanua...22/03/24/a9f9e7ec682744c2ba606a366df587ac.zip

Source: https://www.xda-developers.com/oneplus-oxygenos-12-android-12-update-tracker/#oneplus10pro

The chinese one is hard to find, if I find it I post the link here...

Also this thread might help you: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/oneplus-10-pro-ne2215-rooted.4431585
    I've found out that the model number ne2210, ne2211,2213,2215 is due to the region difference.

Thank you for your help.
    Thanks @dladz , but if you didn't notice i'm pretty green in this and have no experience nor knowledge here, so i'll kindly ask you to be a bit more clear with your explanations :) you use a lot of terms and actions as if I know what they are.

So, if i'm not rooted - how can I do it please?

needless to say that I have no idea what this means:

Your phone will boot, after that you need to open Magisk and click install - direct install

or this:

Sorry again for being so pain and thanks again !