Question Cannot register a new fingerprint in OnePlus 10 PRO

Search This thread

sunhao

Feb 1, 2019
Thanks but this is the part I already succeeded with, i have the magisk patched file.

What I need help with is this:

View attachment 5625965

Thanks !
If you have the magisk patched file,You can copy it to the computer, use the command "fastboot flash boot ****.img" to flash the boot partition image through fastboot mode, and then restart the phone to obtain the root privilege of the phone.

The following tutorials are all about how to update a rooted phone via OTA. Why do you need to uninstall magisk moudle first, because some moudle will affect the OTA of the mobile phone, causing the mobile phone to not be turned on.

OnePlus local install apk is used to upgrade the system of NA NE2215, this is because NE2215 has deleted the function of local upgrade on the mobile phone, it must be realized through the above software.Systems in other regions come with their own updater.

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
If you have the magisk patched file,You can copy it to the computer, use the command "fastboot flash boot ****.img" to flash the boot partition image through fastboot mode, and then restart the phone to obtain the root privilege of the phone.

The following tutorials are all about how to update a rooted phone via OTA. Why do you need to uninstall magisk moudle first, because some moudle will affect the OTA of the mobile phone, causing the mobile phone to not be turned on.

OnePlus local install apk is used to upgrade the system of NA NE2215, this is because NE2215 has deleted the function of local upgrade on the mobile phone, it must be realized through the above software.Systems in other regions come with their own updater.

No mate. I do not only make guides for how to root via OTA updates he's reading from the wrong section.. there are a bunch of guides I've written split by definition, he's picked the wrong one.

2nd I really wouldn't tell ppl to simply flash an image for root, always tell them to boot it.

Fastboot boot.

If it doesn't work what then?

They're stuck in a bootloop then they'll get worried and could make a mistake, you don't benefit from flashing for root when you can boot risk free.

Reactions: sunhao

dkaro

May 27, 2022
Hi @dladz if I picked the wrong one, can you please link me to the correct one?

And also - any idea about the new google pay problem i have shared few messages ago?

Thanks !!

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Hi @dladz if I picked the wrong one, can you please link me to the correct one?

And also - any idea about the new google pay problem i have shared few messages ago?

Thanks !!
Providing you've already obtained a valid boot image and patched it.

Then follow the section called 3rd

Here it is quoted.

3rd

Rooting using fastboot commands

Method 1

Booting the patched image

1. Obtain a patched boot image for your device variant preferably using payload dumper or download one of mine from the foot of this guide or if you've just performed the above guide you should already have a functional one, copy this file to your fastboot folder on your computer

**NOTE - The above suggested downloads are for the EU / UK variant- if you have another model / firmware please use that instead, If you did not obtain the boot.img from a firmware and patch it yourself, you will need to patch it again in magisk manager to avoid a bootloop, if you still get a bootloop it's best to obtain one yourself using the guide at the top of this post.

2. Reboot your phone to fastboot
and connect to your computer.

3. Boot the magisk patched img

fastboot boot magisk_patched (or name of your patched boot img)

Your phone should now boot automatically, you should now be rooted but we need to make this permanent, if you were to reboot you would lose root.

4. Open magisk manager and click install/update, if you are missing the install/ update buttons, change magisk version to beta in magisk settings and install the update, the buttons should then show.

5. Select Direct install (recommended) then click ok.

6. Allow magisk to permanently root your device then click reboot.

You should now boot and remain rooted.

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
If you need to acquire a boot.img then follow 1st

1st

Extracting a boot.img using Fastboot Enhance

Pre-requisites

A device with a working version of magisk manager installed, simply change the channel to the version outlined in the list above relevant to your firmware then select install / update:

A Windows 10 computer / laptop
A full update downloaded firmware zip for your model (recommend oxygen updater)
Payload dumper program for Windows.
The local System Update Installer : normal local system update will not allow a reboot during installation, the one I've linked will.

Process

On your computer

1. Download and copy the fastboot enhance folder to your desktop or a location of your choosing.

Download from here: https://github.com/libxzr/FastbootEnhance/releases

2. Download the firmware of your choice and open it using Winrar or a similar zip program, extract the file called payload.bin a folder of your choosing.

3. Run the program FastbootEnhance.exe, a window will appear, click Payload Dumper, then click browse and point to the payload.bin file, the contents will now be shown.

4. One of the files will be called boot.img, this is the file we'll be patching, click extract then copy this to your phone, root of storage which is called /sdcard.

On your phone

5. Open up Magisk and click Install / Update, if you don't see update then change channel, so this by changing the channel in magisk settings, it'll then show the install/ update buttons.

6. Select "Select and Patch a file" it'll open up a file browser, navigate to the boot.img you copied earlier and select it, allow it to complete (this will output a file called "magisk_patched" (which will be in the Downloads folder)

You now have a patched boot.img ready to flash to either slot with fastboot or boot via fastboot, would recommend booting as this is risk free, if it's a bad image for whatever reason and you choose to flash then your phone may bootloop.

NOTE** Some people have noticed that an already patched boot.img when flashed can fail and cause a boot loop when flashed,so if you have downloaded a magisk_patched img from somewhere else then you WILL need to re-patch it on your own device preferably using the afore mentioned magisk manager based on what firmware it's from.

dkaro

May 27, 2022
Hi @dladz , thank you again for all your help :)

I'm rooted now and managed to proceed to the partition fix. I successfully backed up my persist img, and now got to the part that i should restore my OS to an earlier OS. Because I don't fully get why its needed, I'm not sure what version exactly to use. You have recommended earlier that:

Also where they're using MSM, you can do the same flash you just did instead.

Can you please elaborate on what same flash? Should I flash the same payload of the same version used currently?

I'm trying to flash again the same firmware i use currently and now i get this error, not sure why its different than the first time:

1653942420168.png

Should I check to ignore unknown partitions?

Last edited:
Reactions: dlads

dkaro

May 27, 2022
OK I was impatient and I continued after checking ignore Unknown Partitions..

One thing strange I have noticed, both now and in the first time I tried re-installing the firmware: I was expecting the phone to be wiped, but it wasn't.. After the first time it was just strange to me, but now following the partition fix tutorials, i see that it actually mentions that it should be wiped and i should unlock bootloader again and install the maigk app.

So clearly I did something wrong. Any idea what?

Additionally, I tried to proceed with the steps to fail the calibration test but i couldn't. Typing *#808# doesn't open for me the factory mode. I searched a bit online and i found out that *#899# gets me into engineering mode that actually looks very similar, But I cannot find at all the "finger print calibration test(Pure White - 90% Blue)", I just have regular quality test that looks to be something else.

I looked a bit more online and I saw some guides to do factory mode unlock root (for example) but the file mentioned there that i need to edit just doesn't exist in the engineering mode folder.. i can find in there actually a sub folder called config, but this one is empty..

Any idea what to do next?

Last edited:

dkaro

May 27, 2022
Hi all,

Thank you for your help. I have reached finally an agreement with the seller to send it back to him for a full refund. At the beginning he refused but then I involved PayPal and that did the trick.

Regards

David

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Hi @dladz , thank you again for all your help :)

I'm rooted now and managed to proceed to the partition fix. I successfully backed up my persist img, and now got to the part that i should restore my OS to an earlier OS. Because I don't fully get why its needed, I'm not sure what version exactly to use. You have recommended earlier that:

Can you please elaborate on what same flash? Should I flash the same payload of the same version used currently?

I'm trying to flash again the same firmware i use currently and now i get this error, not sure why its different than the first time:

View attachment 5626575

Should I check to ignore unknown partitions?
Sorry mate I was out, I wasn't aware that the fix incorporated a rollback to a previous OS, so my apologies for that..

I think you've done more then enough and I absolutely stand by you to get a refund or swap..

It shouldnt have been sold in the state it was in, you've totally done the right thing and shown 100% due diligence, most people wouldn't have...so kudos to you for that..

I hope the seller doesn't take the proverbial p*ss.

Get it swapped and get a local phone mate, no more Chinese weirdness it's just not worth it.

Well played for how you handled it.

And lol PayPal will always back ygr buyer, period.. they'll give you the money and chase him for it..so you're golden

Reactions: dkaro

Trudi

Jan 2, 2009
Lausanne
HTC Desire HD
Samsung Galaxy S5
Hi

I bought a new OnePlus 10 PRO from Aliexpress. Its a CH version that the seller installed on it a global rom.

In the first setup of the phone, When I get to setting the fingerprint, I am unable to set it. I get the following:

View attachment 5624237

I tried updating the phone, I tried factory reset... its always the same.

Any idea?

Thanks !
Send it back to AliExpress and buy it from a real trusted vendor... I only buy low cost **** from AliExpress.

ues_t

Jul 16, 2022
Maybe you need to re-correct your fingerprint, correct the position *#899#

Top Liked Posts