Cannot Root the Phone

Search This thread

Vinzee

Dec 11, 2016
Hi guys,
I am stuck with a problem related to rooting the phone, I have an unlocked bootloader but I cannot find the Magisk or Superuser.zip on my Internal or external USB OTG after booting into TWRP Recovery. I have tried wiping even cache and doing a factory reset but it didn't help. Any suggestions on how to make the zip files show up on internal or USB OTG. (I do not have an external sd card).

panijsr

Mar 26, 2016
As a generic method (nothing specific to your phone), I have used 'ADB Sideload' to flash zip files, when in similar situation. In TWRP, goto Advance -> adb sideload. Connect phone to computer and issue command ' adb sideload <path-to-zip-file>'

Reactions: Vinzee

devilrulz4ever

Oct 21, 2011
Mumbai
OnePlus 6T
Hi guys,
I am stuck with a problem related to rooting the phone, I have an unlocked bootloader but I cannot find the Magisk or Superuser.zip on my Internal or external USB OTG after booting into TWRP Recovery. I have tried wiping even cache and doing a factory reset but it didn't help. Any suggestions on how to make the zip files show up on internal or USB OTG. (I do not have an external sd card).

This method works for all EMUI phones.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/ho...agisk-root-honor-view-10-mate-10-pro-t3749280

Reactions: Vinzee

sankoranga

Aug 28, 2012
No use of rooting this phone anymore no new roms mods ... And if you root few system apps will be removed like health app game suite tv contrall

Vinzee

Dec 11, 2016
Idk what im doing wrong here but none of the method seems to work, i do not get the time often to go after these things so maybe ill try my luck for rooting again someday, rooting used to be so easy back in the day. Seems like the method has been a bit difficult now or my skills have become a bit rusty. Anyways thanks guys, i'll post in a few days again if i am able to root. Thanks for all your suggestions.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sorry but there is no developer support for this phone because Huawei 'allegedly' bribed them with Honor View 10 and Honor 10, I tried to root it multiple times and everytime got into bootloop, hence got rid of the phone.
    As a generic method (nothing specific to your phone), I have used 'ADB Sideload' to flash zip files, when in similar situation. In TWRP, goto Advance -> adb sideload. Connect phone to computer and issue command ' adb sideload <path-to-zip-file>'
    Hi guys,

This method works for all EMUI phones.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/ho...agisk-root-honor-view-10-mate-10-pro-t3749280