• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

cannot run TWRP recovery temporarily

Search This thread

b56r1

Oct 13, 2016
Hyderabad
Hi,

I have unlocked bootloader for Redmi 4X. I want to run TWRP onetime to install magisk. When i give "fastboot boot recovery.img", it doesn't boot TWRP. I tried Volume Up+Power button to enter recovery mode. But, no luck. Please help me.

metelhammer

Jan 18, 2018
You are using wrong command. use -> adb reboot recovery and then it will boot into recovery mode.
i hope you have TWRP installed already.

if you are on MIUI then shut down your device and press volume up and power button.
next you'll be directed to menu, tap on recovery (options maybe in chinese language but do not worry recovery is written in english language) tap on it.
you'll see two options to choose from, choose blue one and it'll boot in recovery mode.

if you are using custom ROM then shut down your device and press and hold all three buttons together (volume up + volume down + power button) your device will boot into recovery mode.