• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Cannot RUU from 3.35 to 3.39

Search This thread

3's&7's

Jul 25, 2013
P3X-439
I recently tried out 3.35 ROM's and am trying to RUU back to 3.39. The process fails using the HTC 3.39 RUU (.exe) every time.

I am s-off / cid 11111111 / 3.35 firmware ...what am I doing wrong?

I tried 2 different PC's w/two different usb cables...no dice.

3's&7's

Jul 25, 2013
P3X-439
Try running ruu from sd card.
download here

Thanks for the reminder and the link (this is 3.39?)! Last time I did this was on a m8 gpe a few years ago. The .zip should simply be located in the root of /sdcard (internal), correct?

The .zip will need to be removed on future reboots or the RUU will run again automatically?

BTW, the error message using the RUU .exe from htc was "155" ... [FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]ERROR [155~159]: IMAGE ERROR[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]One of these error messages will appear when you use the incorrect RUU to update and the image file size is larger than the Flash ROM size. In this case, download the correct RUU version and try again.[/FONT]

kc6wke

Feb 19, 2012
So, Cal
Thanks for the reminder and the link (this is 3.39?)! Last time I did this was on a m8 gpe a few years ago. The .zip should simply be located in the root of /sdcard (internal), correct?

The .zip will need to be removed on future reboots or the RUU will run again automatically?

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]One of these error messages will appear when you use the incorrect RUU to update and the image file size is larger than the Flash ROM size. In this case, download the correct RUU version and try again.[/FONT]

Yes, 3.39, needs to be on root of ext sd(32gb or smaller), and booted into download mode
yes remove when finished

Last edited:
Reactions: 3's&7's

3's&7's

Jul 25, 2013
P3X-439

3's&7's

Jul 25, 2013
P3X-439
Yes, 3.39, needs to be on root of ext sd(32gb or smaller), and booted into download mode
yes remove when finished

SD Card attempt...

"10 RU_MODELID_FAIL modelid in android-info mismatched"

This is what I was sensing was wrong in the first place w/the RUU.exe attempts based on the error code I was receiving. I am guessing I need to modify my model id back to the t-mobile us version then?

3's&7's

Jul 25, 2013
P3X-439
yes remove when finished

Worth a try, change back to T-MOB010

Changed CID to T-MOB010 & changed MID to 0PJA12000 ...success. Perhaps it all came down to just the MID change and could have stayed SUPERCID...not sure but mission accomplished.

Thank you again in any case! :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I recently tried out 3.35 ROM's and am trying to RUU back to 3.39. The process fails using the HTC 3.39 RUU (.exe) every time.

I am s-off / cid 11111111 / 3.35 firmware ...what am I doing wrong?

I tried 2 different PC's w/two different usb cables...no dice.

Try running ruu from sd card.
    download here

[/FONT]

yes remove when finished
    SD Card attempt...

"10 RU_MODELID_FAIL modelid in android-info mismatched"

This is what I was sensing was wrong in the first place w/the RUU.exe attempts based on the error code I was receiving. I am guessing I need to modify my model id back to the t-mobile us version then?

Worth a try, change back to T-MOB010