Question cannot select google pay as default on the watch 4

Search This thread

xjust

Apr 5, 2014
Google pay is supported in my country. (Romania)
I installed the app on the watch from the appstore, added the card , confirmed it through the bank. All fine.
Problem is that when I open the google pay app, it asks it to be set as default then redirects me to a menu to enable NFC, and there is only Samsung pay available there.

I searched a lot for this. A lot of people reported this error. Any solution to fix it ?

Sorry if this has been already discussed. I just couldnt find anything. Hence .. this post.

Many thanks,

xjust

Apr 5, 2014
I also tried uninstalling samsung pay through adb.
Google pay still doesnt appear. anybody finds a solution please post it here.

Might be an error with the current watch softawre (DOJA) in my case. Lets see if future updates solves it. But i doubt it.

Dont know why samsung insists on their software since its not supported here. Lets see them also allow google assistant as well so we can take full experience on this wearos watch.

Anybody finds any solution to google pay to reappear on default apps please post here.

samorgs

Jul 14, 2010
Numurkah
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Have a read through this post. I've done it on mine and now when I long press the bottom button G Pay opens instead of Samsung Pay.

Reactions: Mujja

Brolly916

Apr 3, 2009
i managed to sideload the google pay app and managed to configure it however whenever i reboot the watch the icon just vanishes . can you kindly advices if there is any workaround it please ?

Reactions: galaxys

NikosHit

Feb 7, 2022
I am facing the exact same issue. Google Pay is supported in my region but when I open the app it asks me to make it default for payments. In the NFC settings I only see the Samsung Pay app. I also uninstalled Samsung Pay through adb but GPay still asks to make it default and it is not opening.
I guess it has to do with the region the firmware was designed for (Samsung Pay is not supported here). Not sure if I can return the watch based on the fact that they sell it here with a firmware that is meant to work on another region.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have a read through this post. I've done it on mine and now when I long press the bottom button G Pay opens instead of Samsung Pay.

i managed to sideload the google pay app and managed to configure it however whenever i reboot the watch the icon just vanishes . can you kindly advices if there is any workaround it please ?