Cannot set custom launcher as default AND cannot change wallpaper!

Search This thread

Shmotzy

Dec 5, 2021
Hi! I just bought a new Amazon Fire HD 10 Plus, the latest version, and used Fire Toolkit to remove all the Amazon stuff. I installed both Niagara and Nova launchers, and they will not stay set as the default launchers...
Also, I cannot change wallpaper in my settings! It just keeps jumping back to the previous settings screen.
Not sure what is going on, everything else Toolkit did is fine. Thanks!

werner69rock

Sep 26, 2016
You are running Fire OS 7.3.2.2? Amazon protected some system apps, including launcher. So it is not possible to change the default launcher.

kholdstayr

Sep 2, 2017
Hi! I just bought a new Amazon Fire HD 10 Plus, the latest version, and used Fire Toolkit to remove all the Amazon stuff. I installed both Niagara and Nova launchers, and they will not stay set as the default launchers...
Also, I cannot change wallpaper in my settings! It just keeps jumping back to the previous settings screen.
Not sure what is going on, everything else Toolkit did is fine. Thanks!
I'm having the same issue. When I try to change the wallpaper it exits out of the settings. I was able to change wallpapers though using other wallpaper apps. For instance, the Resplash app on Google Play store let me download and change the lockscreen/home screen wallpaper with no issue.

The only issue is changing the wallpaper from the settings menu. That doesn't work for some reason.