• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Cannot unlock bootloader - chinese error message

Search This thread

ChrisM243

Jun 14, 2014
Hi,

I've bought the Mi 9T Pro on Amazon.

So far, everything works fine besides the fact that I get an error message in chinese while using the Mi flash unlocker to unlock the bootloader.

Mi account logged in. Since I don't have a nano-sim yet for my main number I've used my spare card to activate it.

Anyone fluent in chinese what might be missing here?

https://imgur.com/w1QJIoT

Best regards
Chris

Last edited:

ChrisM243

Jun 14, 2014
The message says that the device has been locked via the MI find my device service.

Oh someone can read it. :)

Any idea how or where I can remove that completely?

Edit: the number is not my primary under which I've registered my other Mi devices. But I've used it once to unlock my dad's Mi Mix 3, which is also registered with my Mi account.

Last edited:

ChrisM243

Jun 14, 2014
Alright, after cutting my sim I continued. After updating the MiUi Flasher I get now errors in English.

New error: "Current account is not bound to this device. Enable it under dev options -> Mi Unlock status."

I did exactly that - I inserted the sim, went to this options, and ticked link to account. fter that I got a message "linked successfully". In fastboot mode in the flasher I get the same exact error again. The phone does not seem to be recognized by the Mi account and is thus not listed in the Mi cloud.

Any ideas what went wrong and how to fix it?

Last edited:

Robbo.5000

Dec 8, 2016
Redmi K20 Pro
Alright, after cutting my sim I continued. After updating the MiUi Flasher I get now errors in English.

New error: "Current account is not bound to this device. Enable it under dev options -> Mi Unlock status."

I did exactly that - I inserted the sim, went to this options, and ticked link to account. fter that I got a message "linked successfully". In fastboot mode in the flasher I get the same exact error again. The phone does not seem to be recognized by the Mi account and is thus not listed in the Mi cloud.

Log in to the Mi Flash Tool using the phone number of the SIM that's in the phone and was used to register the phone for unlocking (when you go to developer settings, unlock status)
This normally happens because the phone number wasn't registered on your Mi account before starting the unlock process.

ChrisM243

Jun 14, 2014
That was the error, ty very much. I did always login with my email. After the phone number it did show a timer.

PS: a whole week now? No idea why they prolong it each time...

naeem86

Aug 30, 2011
Log in to the Mi Flash Tool using the phone number of the SIM that's in the phone and was used to register the phone for unlocking (when you go to developer settings, unlock status)
This normally happens because the phone number wasn't registered on your Mi account before starting the unlock process.
Sorry to bring an old post to life.. But thank you so much for this! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The message says that the device has been locked via the MI find my device service. Is the number your account? If so, you will have to unlock your device first via find my device.