Cannot update to AT&T OTA

Sigil_Thane

Dec 19, 2015
According to https://www.att.com/device-support/article/wireless/KM1386390/LG/LMV600AM there is a V600AM10w Software version available for the AT&T variant of the v60. My device still shows V600AM10p in the About Phone section, and when I manually check for update get the downloading new software version notification, but ultimately nothing is downloaded and I get an error that "Cannot update"

This is connected via WiFi, and sitting at 98% battery life. Any thoghts about why this would be happening?

BladeRunner

Jan 15, 2012
According to https://www.att.com/device-support/article/wireless/KM1386390/LG/LMV600AM there is a V600AM10w Software version available for the AT&T variant of the v60. My device still shows V600AM10p in the About Phone section, and when I manually check for update get the downloading new software version notification, but ultimately nothing is downloaded and I get an error that "Cannot update"

This is connected via WiFi, and sitting at 98% battery life. Any thoghts about why this would be happening?
Have you tried using the LG Bridge software to update?

Sigil_Thane

Dec 19, 2015

adil7884

Sep 13, 2013
Switzerland
it really is a war with lg updates,I have the Europe version LM-V600EA and I am left with July update 2020.
unable to update with LG bridge,lgup,
lg flashtool,ota.
now I have resigned myself

Sigil_Thane

Dec 19, 2015
OK, LG Support suggested that I do a factory reset. That didn't help either. still stuck at V600AM10p and it looks like it will not actually download the V600AM10w update as it sits at 0% on the download until it errors out.

I had asked LG Support what I could do if the factory reset didn't work and they mentioned sending the phone back in for a replacement one. I hope they can send me one first and let me send the other back to them so that I do not have a phoneless period just because their hardware won't upgrade.

(I did register for the LG Second Year Promise Program when I first got my phone, so I'l looking into that as well.)

Jan 15, 2018
I just got a AT&T version of Lg v60 (unlocked). I am using tmobile network. I can not get the software update. Anyone have any idea to fix this issue ? Thanks.
I have fixed the problem. I ask my friend to borrow his at&t sim card to try it on my phone. It works, once the at&t sim card is in the phone, the software update work.

If no one can borrow the sim card for you to test it. You can get it on Amazon

Make sure you select the correct network for your phone ( at&t, tmobile or verizon) the sim card only $15 and you going to have 1 month per paid service.

Hope that can help to fix the error. The phone is geart. But if you can not get the update that is suck.

Reactions: Sigil_Thane

Sigil_Thane

Dec 19, 2015
I have fixed the problem. I ask my friend to borrow his at&t sim card to try it on my phone. It works, once the at&t sim card is in the phone, the software update work.

If no one can borrow the sim card for you to test it. You can get it on Amazon

Make sure you select the correct network for your phone ( at&t, tmobile or verizon) the sim card only $15 and you going to have 1 month per paid service.

Hope that can help to fix the error. The phone is geart. But if you can not get the update that is suck.
I will have to try with a different AT&T sim card... I've tried Reseating the sim, Update OTA,Update over LG Bridge, LG UP, Resetting the network, Factory Reset... nothing has helped. At this point LG and AT&T are saying replace the device, but when I tried setting that up today every single support person I spoke to is muffled and hard to understand (on purpose?) ... they sound like a bunch of manure salespeople with a mouthful of fresh samples.

Sigil_Thane

Dec 19, 2015
Alas, I tried it all and had to resort to mailing my phone in to LG for a warranty supported repair... hope to have it back within 2 months. Until then I'm having some nostalga with my LG V20 running LineageOS 17.1.