Question Cannot update to C.47

Search This thread
Hello everyone,
I have a problem. I tried installing Nameless ROM on my OnePlus 9 Pro with no success. After that I reflashed my phone using MsmTool. Than I've updated it do 11.2.10.10 and later to C.47. But when I installed C.47 phone rebooted to recovery and when I selected reboot It wouldn't boot. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. My bootloader is locked.

luckylui

Aug 14, 2010
Chi-Town
OnePlus 9 Pro
You mean software version or phone model?
Right now I'm on 11.2.10.10
My phone model is LE2120
Phone model.

So, I'd try it this way..

Since you are already on 11.2.10.10, I'd unlock the bootloader. (It'll wipe the device)
Download Oxygen Updater and download the stock versions through their.
Local update through your phone settings.

Once you are on A12 I'd follow the steps to installing Nameless.

My phone model is 2127 and I'm running Pixel Experience with no issues.

Phone model.

So, I'd try it this way..

Since you are already on 11.2.10.10, I'd unlock the bootloader. (It'll wipe the device)
Download Oxygen Updater and download the stock versions through their.
Local update through your phone settings.

Once you are on A12 I'd follow the steps to installing Nameless.

My phone model is 2127 and I'm running Pixel Experience with no issues.
Oxygen Updater shows C.47 is available, should I install it?

ghgjelstad

Aug 9, 2008
I have exactly the same problem, except my device is a LE2123. Running the stock version that came out of the box. 11.2.10.10.LE15BA. down load and install seem to be ok, but at the point to reboot the device loop several times and then recovers to 11.2.10.10....

luckylui

Aug 14, 2010
Chi-Town
OnePlus 9 Pro
If you guys are going custom Rom, I would just go ahead and install the custom Rom. Looks like the firmware will carry over once you transition. Maybe that'll work out better than updating to the next available stock firmware.

luckylui

Aug 14, 2010
Chi-Town
OnePlus 9 Pro
Yea, if you want a custom ROM, just do it and follow the instructions to the letter....
I have the 2127 Tmo model and was on C.19 version. Downloaded and installed Pixel Experience Rom which is C.62 and it works fine. But, I have heard C.19 is pretty much C.62 and Pixel Rom you can install it on any version.. not sure about Nameless though. Worst case scenario is you would have to MSM back (which I know is a pain) but, I guess gotta try whatever works.

TheGhost1951

Feb 11, 2009
Garfield
OnePlus 9 Pro
I have the 2127 Tmo model and was on C.19 version. Downloaded and installed Pixel Experience Rom which is C.62 and it works fine. But, I have heard C.19 is pretty much C.62 and Pixel Rom you can install it on any version.. not sure about Nameless though. Worst case scenario is you would have to MSM back (which I know is a pain) but, I guess gotta try whatever works.
Hi my friend, I am on TMO with Model LE2127 running stock 11.2.9.9 and happy as a Lark. I got rid of bloatware, full root with partitions mounted as R/W, custom bootanimation and custom systemwide font. With just Magisk Root, you are not fully rooted. And stock OOS 12 is squirrelly anyway. The latest is not always the greatest.....hope you are having a great day! TheGhost!

• Love
Reactions: luckylui

TheGhost1951

Feb 11, 2009
Garfield
OnePlus 9 Pro
To me, the main reason for root on any smartphone is to be able to customize it anyway you like without having to go and find this module or that module for Magisk. I tried the custom font module for Magisk and it was not systemwide. The way I am rooted, even the keys on the keyboard are changed to the custom font I have installed....if you don't have complete control of your phone, you are not truly rooted!

Reactions: luckylui

luckylui

Aug 14, 2010
Chi-Town
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi my friend, I am on TMO with Model LE2127 running stock 11.2.9.9 and happy as a Lark. I got rid of bloatware, full root with partitions mounted as R/W, custom bootanimation and custom systemwide font. With just Magisk Root, you are not fully rooted. And stock OOS 12 is squirrelly anyway. The latest is not always the greatest.....hope you are having a great day! TheGhost!
Hello, TheGhost! Glad to see an old timer on the forums from many moons ago! 😁 We've seen it all and still learning till this day as technology develops. Totally agree with ya and it sure does make a difference once you take full control of your phone. That's why Android will always be my go to! Cheers to ya!! :)

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
I had a similar problem on my 9 with the C.48 ROM. I ended up MSM back to stock, unlocked the bootloader, then took the OTAs and it downloaded the full ones. All those flashed fine, then it got stuck at C.60 and said I was up to date so I had to grab the C.62 full India OTA and flashed that and now I'm back up to date.

I'm assuming based on the version and model that you're running the EU ROM? If so, grab Oxygen Updater and download the full OTA of C.62 from it (turn on advanced setting so you can select incompatible images, select EU full). Take that and copy to PC. Download Fastboot Enhance, reboot to fastbootd (adb reboot fastboot). Double click when it shows your device, go to partitions page. Search cow and select and delete each one you find there individually (you just keep searching cow after you delete each one, no idea why the program wasn't designed to just let you select all of them at once and delete them, maybe it's a safety design for dumb people). Then click flash payload.bin and choose the C.62 zip file you downloaded and it will flash to your phone. Reboot to system and you should be good to go.

Fastboot Enhance doesn't have all the checks that the regular updater does so as long as it's a full OTA and it's not corrupted, it should flash fine.

If you screw anything up, it's time to MSM again. Annoying but that's how it goes with these frustrating OnePlus devices.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had a similar problem on my 9 with the C.48 ROM. I ended up MSM back to stock, unlocked the bootloader, then took the OTAs and it downloaded the full ones. All those flashed fine, then it got stuck at C.60 and said I was up to date so I had to grab the C.62 full India OTA and flashed that and now I'm back up to date.

I'm assuming based on the version and model that you're running the EU ROM? If so, grab Oxygen Updater and download the full OTA of C.62 from it (turn on advanced setting so you can select incompatible images, select EU full). Take that and copy to PC. Download Fastboot Enhance, reboot to fastbootd (adb reboot fastboot). Double click when it shows your device, go to partitions page. Search cow and select and delete each one you find there individually (you just keep searching cow after you delete each one, no idea why the program wasn't designed to just let you select all of them at once and delete them, maybe it's a safety design for dumb people). Then click flash payload.bin and choose the C.62 zip file you downloaded and it will flash to your phone. Reboot to system and you should be good to go.

Fastboot Enhance doesn't have all the checks that the regular updater does so as long as it's a full OTA and it's not corrupted, it should flash fine.

If you screw anything up, it's time to MSM again. Annoying but that's how it goes with these frustrating OnePlus devices.
    To me, the main reason for root on any smartphone is to be able to customize it anyway you like without having to go and find this module or that module for Magisk. I tried the custom font module for Magisk and it was not systemwide. The way I am rooted, even the keys on the keyboard are changed to the custom font I have installed....if you don't have complete control of your phone, you are not truly rooted!
    Hello, TheGhost! Glad to see an old timer on the forums from many moons ago! 😁 We've seen it all and still learning till this day as technology develops. Totally agree with ya and it sure does make a difference once you take full control of your phone. That's why Android will always be my go to! Cheers to ya!! :)
    You bet my friend, 👍🙂