Can't access my phone from my computer

Search This thread

valkiron

Nov 16, 2013
Updated to Android 10. Build number QP1A.191005.007.A1. Ever since updating to Android 10, my phone won't connect to my computer. It'll charge via USB, but that's about it. I can't access any USB options, they are greyed out. ADB will not attempt to authorize my computer, so I can't root it. I can't use data transfer, so if I have to resolve to a factory reset, I have no way to back up data. My phone won't authorize an app to send data over wifi, so that's out. It's been a while, so I figured (hoped) someone would have an idea what to do. Oh and connecting to a Windows machine has always been a hassle for me, so I use a Linux machine to connect to my phone. That worked smoothly up until this update. So, anyone know what's going on?

Homeboy76

• Aug 24, 2012
    Updated to Android 10. Build number QP1A.191005.007.A1. Ever since updating to Android 10, my phone won't connect to my computer. It'll charge via USB, but that's about it. I can't access any USB options, they are greyed out. ADB will not attempt to authorize my computer, so I can't root it. I can't use data transfer, so if I have to resolve to a factory reset, I have no way to back up data. My phone won't authorize an app to send data over wifi, so that's out. It's been a while, so I figured (hoped) someone would have an idea what to do. Oh and connecting to a Windows machine has always been a hassle for me, so I use a Linux machine to connect to my phone. That worked smoothly up until this update. So, anyone know what's going on?
    SDK Platform-tools r29.0.5
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/pixel-xl/how-to/guide-pixel-xl-android-10-0-q-t3964112

valkiron

Nov 16, 2013

Homeboy76

• Aug 24, 2012
    Thanks, but updating platform-tools did not help. Funnily enough, using the guide this time around turned a 30 minute fix into a 3 hour fix and for a while there I was worried that I had bricked my phone beyond recovery, but that's a story for another post. Thanks for replying though.
    What was the solution to your problem?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts