Can't BIND device "Couldn't verify, wait one minute or two and try again"

Search This thread

takagen

Feb 13, 2012
4 accounts, I think the problem is with XIAOMI servers, the info doesn't update quick enough and the MI Unlock tool doesn't see enough info to determine that the phone you are trying to unlock is actually yours. That would explain why you have to wait for some time until it works but the official support says you can unlock right away after you get the authorization to unlock. Super stupid from Xiaomi's side, to create a server dependent unlocking process and to have slow servers that make everything difficult

Curious, did u got it unlocked eventually?

quicktrick

Sep 9, 2011
I had the same problem on Mi Mix 2S ("Couldn't verify..."), it was because MIUI incorrectly interpreted my phone number, it was already with the country code, but MIUI added an extra country code to it (besides an incorrect one). After I logged out and logged in again, authorizing by the account number (not the phone number), everything went smooth.

polve93

Dec 29, 2015
Cittadella
I had the same problem on Mi Mix 2S ("Couldn't verify..."), it was because MIUI incorrectly interpreted my phone number, it was already with the country code, but MIUI added an extra country code to it (besides an incorrect one). After I logged out and logged in again, authorizing by the account number (not the phone number), everything went smooth.

What do you mean with "After I logged out and logged in again"?, How can you log out if you cannot log in?
I have the same problem with a Mi Mix 2

littlefr

Jul 17, 2018
Hi there,
I have the same problem on Redmi 3S too.
"wait a minute" but I wait from 10+ days ! I have try everything posted here : OEM and USB activated, Xiaomi multiple accounts with e-mail and mobile phone, try multiple mi-unblock versions,... Nothings works. Maybe the problem is on the Xiaomi server side, so how to unlock ? Years ago, I unlocked another Redmi 3S, without all these problems...

knut1er

Sep 27, 2010
Hi there,
I have the same problem on Redmi 3S too.
"wait a minute" but I wait from 10+ days ! I have try everything posted here : OEM and USB activated, Xiaomi multiple accounts with e-mail and mobile phone, try multiple mi-unblock versions,... Nothings works. Maybe the problem is on the Xiaomi server side, so how to unlock ? Years ago, I unlocked another Redmi 3S, without all these problems...

After 20 mns with the same issue, I've seen another windows, which asked for Mi account. It's another application which merge account with phone. After validation, the dev options worked fine.

bontxa

Aug 8, 2012
sesto fiorentino
After 20 mns with the same issue, I've seen another windows, which asked for Mi account. It's another application which merge account with phone. After validation, the dev options worked fine.
Could you explain? Which application are you talking about? I'm stuck with this damn two minute warning, tried everything but can't unlock BL...
Thanks.

ZiorRe

Jan 9, 2021
I have the exact same issue on my Redmi K30 phone.
I think the problem maybe has to do with GPS. I'm guessing the MI unlock status process requires to find your GPS location and record it in their servers before verifying. The app 'Find Device' doesn't find my location in the map and also the same with Xiaomi Cloud via browser.
This is the factor I think that matters for this specific issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    after a month of failures I got rid of the phone...
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone