Cant boot my phone...Custom binary blocked by Reactivation Lock

Search This thread

Thibor69

What about use folks that have the Note 5 ?? we can NOT pull the battery :(

In my case it happens on Galaxy s5, it's my new phone, and when I'm exploring security options in settings menu, I active the function "Reativation lock", later when i try to enter in recovery mode to do a integral backup, it shows that message "Custom binary blocked by Reactivation Lock", so I reboot the phone and go to "Rom Toolbox by Jrummy Root" aplication and select to restart in recovery mode, the phone reboots and show me the same message, the worst thing after that its when the phone reboots always try to enter in recovery mode.

How do I solved my problem?

1º Open Odin (v3.09 in this case)
2º Reboot the phone in download mode (Volume down + home + power button)
3º Volume up to continue
4º connect your phone to pc and certificate that is recognized by odin showing the com port
5º certificate that the check boxes "Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time" are signed.
5º in odin chose "AP" and select something to flash in phone like (CF-Auto-Root-klte-kltexx-smg900f.tar.md5) or (philz_touch_6.41.6-klte.tar.md5) and hit "Start" button, probably it generate a error, doesn't matter.
6º unplug your phone from pc a remove the battery
7º plug the battery and power on your phone

In my case it starts in normal mode, then I go tho settings -> Security and uncheck the "Reativation Lock"

It resolves my problem, I hope I can help someone
Sorry about my poor english

Xharky ;)

Lauknowsbest

Jan 9, 2016
Holy **** man it worked!! Thanks a lot you rock.. For any of you who are stuck at boot or have the same message appearing on your phone just follow the same step;
(Download Samsung Drivers If you don't have it)
Download: CF-Auto-Root-klte-kltexx-smg, According to your device model, mine is CF-Auto-Root-klte-kltexx-smg900f
Install Odin
Put your phone in download mode by pressing Power + Volume Up + Home key together
Plug your phone into the Pc, Make sure it is recognised by Odin
Press the AP botton and locate CF-Auto-Root-klte-kltexx-smg and press Start. It will show an error
Unplug your phone from the PC remove your battery and restart your phone.
It will boot normally. And you will be back on your feet again

I follow this same method and it worked for me and it speared me off trying to Hard reset my phone
All thanks to the original uploader; Xharky ????

Nova Spark

Dec 8, 2014
I have an everthing official note 3 and i have forgot to turn off reactivation lock and root it with kingo root and install twrp custom recovery through flashfy (don't know exact spel) and select reboot to recovery and stuck with error n i also try to install any file through odin n remove battery but same error n don't boot
Help pls

rakshushetty

Jun 24, 2016
I have an everthing official note 3 and i have forgot to turn off reactivation lock and root it with kingo root and install twrp custom recovery through flashfy (don't know exact spel) and select reboot to recovery and stuck with error n i also try to install any file through odin n remove battery but same error n don't boot
Help pls
Use kies for upgrade software. Open kies it tells device not supported ignore it. Just give software upgrade it will take some time.

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Help pls
For me it worked

Reactions: Nova Spark

rakshushetty

Jun 24, 2016
Help pls
Else you download stock firmware from sammobiles.com and flash it using latest version of odin.
Run odin with administrative privilege. This must work.

Reactions: Nova Spark

Yuge

Jul 1, 2012
IF you have reactivation lock on a fully stock phone, can you still flash other stock roms to upgrade or downgrade WITHOUT bricking the phone?

I cannot disable reactivation lock because of a bootloop. I am hoping a upgrade or downgrade will fix the bootlop without having to factory reset so I can keep all my data.

Already tried flash the same rom, it flashes 100% ok, even with reactivation lock on, but it it still bootloops because it needs a factory reset. I want to give it a downgrade instead so maybe it jigz the phone into booting up.

TamalePie

Nov 4, 2016
The solution Xharky posted did not work for me. Neither did kies. I'm on a US cellular s4 android version 5.0.1. Apparently kies hates my phone, it refused to detect it regardless of what I attempted.

What finally worked for me was flashing stock firmware with odin. I tried the front/side usb ports first with odin 3.10 and that didn't work either. I kept getting the no pit partition error which my phone doesn't even use so it was pretty frustrating. Eventually I got it to work using the rear usb ports and odin 3.9.

I'll never activate reactivation lock again haha.

techdude18

May 25, 2016
instide the universe
Hi I have a big problem because since I tried to reboot to install an add-blocker, I can't go into recovery and I can't start my gt-n9005 anymore because following error message comes:

Custom binary blocked by Reactivation Lock.
SECURE FAIL: KERNEL

And when I want to flash something with odin in download mode following error message appears:

SECURE CHECK FAIL: Recovery

Please help me I don't know what to do. Thank's in advanced...
Send it to the shop

Ali tyar

Jan 8, 2017
it did not work for me

In my case it happens on Galaxy s5, it's my new phone, and when I'm exploring security options in settings menu, I active the function "Reativation lock", later when i try to enter in recovery mode to do a integral backup, it shows that message "Custom binary blocked by Reactivation Lock", so I reboot the phone and go to "Rom Toolbox by Jrummy Root" aplication and select to restart in recovery mode, the phone reboots and show me the same message, the worst thing after that its when the phone reboots always try to enter in recovery mode.

3º Volume up to continue
4º connect your phone to pc and certificate that is recognized by odin showing the com port
5º in odin chose "AP" and select something to flash in phone like (CF-Auto-Root-klte-kltexx-smg900f.tar.md5) or (philz_touch_6.41.6-klte.tar.md5) and hit "Start" button, probably it generate a error, doesn't matter.

In my case it starts in normal mode, then I go tho settings -> Security and uncheck the "Reativation Lock"

Xharky ;)
it did not work for me . in my case my phone is note 3 n900

vignesh333

Nov 5, 2017
can't booting my galaxy s5 its showing custom binary blocked by reactivation lock
any solution for this please help me frnd

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SOLVED my case is in Galaxy S5 "Custom binary blocked by Reactivation Lock"

3º Volume up to continue

Xharky ;)
    Same problem here with the slim version!
    Anybody have an idea?

I had posted the solution here on a different thread but let me make it easier for you:

Solution.
    1. download KIES 3 (for note 3)
    2. Click tools>Firmware upgrade and initialization
    3. Put phone into download mode (press Volume down+Home Button+Power Button and then volume up)
    4. Connect your phone (it is OK if it is not recognized by KIES, just keep it connected)
    5. Now do as it says by typing in your Phone model number (check the battery compartment).
    6. Type in the S/N.
    7. Let it do its business and download the firmware.
    8. Once firmware is downloaded, It will start communicating with the phone.
    9. You can see a blue progress line on the screen under the android guy.
    10. Let it finish and restart.

DONE! you are back to stock..

NOTE: This doesnt make your KNOX warranty 0x0 if it is already 0x1.

Click Thanks if it helped!! ;)

3º Volume up to continue

Xharky ;)

This Worked!!! Make sure to remove the battery while odin is still on dont power off the phone just pull the battery right out and remove that damn reactivation lock!
    I can't boot my phone and i can't boot recovery...i always get the message "Custom binary blocked by Reactivation Lock. Secure fail: Kernel" with a yellow alert triangle underneath, even if I normally try to boot my phone. And when I than press the power button the phone turns off again.
    I tried to flash cwm with odin but that also failed.
    So before i go downloading another firmware (i live in a dormatory and only have 10gb internet a month) do you really think that would work?

I had this exact problem recently and I booted by going into download mode and then pressing volume up to reboot. Somehow or other that would boot. Powering off and back on would always get that error that you are getting.
    Just got it fixed

I recently had this problem.

I've read from this thread to boot into download mode and just cancel. It will boot normally after that. I'll never reactivate it again. :D