Can't Boot to twrp recovery (just displying twrp logo)

Search This thread

Enossob

Jun 4, 2018
OnePlus 6
Hi guys,
just received from my sister a oneplus 6 and i tried to flash a new custom rom after updating the system. I was following the guide posted on these forum but, when i tried to boot from fastboot to twrp it just display endless the twrp logo. I tried to boot with an older twrp or blu spark but nothing, they all make QUALCOMM crashdump, just the latest never go past the twrp logo. Tried to search for someone with a similar problem but i couldnt find anything about my same problem. Thanks in advance.

croperas

Oct 9, 2011
Hi guys,
just received from my sister a oneplus 6 and i tried to flash a new custom rom after updating the system. I was following the guide posted on these forum but, when i tried to boot from fastboot to twrp it just display endless the twrp logo. I tried to boot with an older twrp or blu spark but nothing, they all make QUALCOMM crashdump, just the latest never go past the twrp logo. Tried to search for someone with a similar problem but i couldnt find anything about my same problem. Thanks in advance.
Which android version are you? 9 10 11?

Reactions: Enossob

Noob9496

Jul 28, 2017
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 8 Pro
1. Unlock Bootloader (if is already unlocked, skip this step)
2. download platform tools and unpack
3. copy twrp img and installer zip to platform tools folder location
4. open cmd
5. reboot phone to bootloader
6. write in cmd fastboot erase userdata
7. then write fastboot boot twrp-file-image-name.img
8. twrp is booted, go to advanced and choos option Flash current twrp
9. if is done, then reboot to recovery
10. go to wipe option, choose format data and type yes
11. now you can flash rom using rom flashing instructions
12. remember, after done rom flashing, FLASH twrp installer

Reactions: BhNeP and Enossob

Enossob

Jun 4, 2018
OnePlus 6
@Noob9496 hey dude thanks, i found Someone who had my same problem and I resolved too with fastboot erase userdata so I could had finally boot into twrp cause that was my main problem.
@croperas yeah that was the problem too, cause when I had finally my sweet rom, syberia os (the only android 12 available atm for op6) I tried to go back to the recovery but can't, tried reinstall everything but I couldn't so after some research couldn't find anything, but anyone who had problems with recovery almost always had problems with incompatible versions (like twrp for android 10 but had android 11) so I then realized it isn't still available a custom recovery for android 12 for op6. So after erasing everything its all fine. Thanks a lot guys really appreciated.

croperas

Oct 9, 2011
@Noob9496 hey dude thanks, i found Someone who had my same problem and I resolved too with fastboot erase userdata so I could had finally boot into twrp cause that was my main problem.
@croperas yeah that was the problem too, cause when I had finally my sweet rom, syberia os (the only android 12 available atm for op6) I tried to go back to the recovery but can't, tried reinstall everything but I couldn't so after some research couldn't find anything, but anyone who had problems with recovery almost always had problems with incompatible versions (like twrp for android 10 but had android 11) so I then realized it isn't still available a custom recovery for android 12 for op6. So after erasing everything its all fine. Thanks a lot guys really appreciated.
Glad it worked out for you :)

Reactions: Enossob

tenderloin83

Oct 5, 2012
4. open cmd
I have the same problem after flashing OO 11.1.2.2. I made a mistake flashing the wrong patched image to get rooted again but doing this I lost the access to twrp and now there is no recovery anymore. If I try to boot into any older version of twrp I receive a crashdump, if I try to boot to twrp 3.6.0 it gets stuck to logo. If I use the command "fastboot erase userdata" do I lose something?

Enossob

Jun 4, 2018
OnePlus 6
I have the same problem after flashing OO 11.1.2.2. I made a mistake flashing the wrong patched image to get rooted again but doing this I lost the access to twrp and now there is no recovery anymore. If I try to boot into any older version of twrp I receive a crashdump, if I try to boot to twrp 3.6.0 it gets stuck to logo. If I use the command "fastboot erase userdata" do I lose something?
Yeah, everything

iggyx2

Jul 29, 2012
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 6
I don't use twrp anymore. Attached is Magisk patched boot for OP6 11.1.2.2 I patched from the latest payload.

fastboot flash boot_a magisk_patched-23000_OP6_11.1.2.2.img fastboot flash boot_b magisk_patched-23000_OP6_11.1.2.2.img

Attachments

• magisk_patched-23000_OP6_11.1.2.2.img
    64 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Reactions: BhNeP

antonyjr

Jan 16, 2022
What I did was trying to install Lineage OS 18.1 (the latest nightly from Jan 11 2022) with Lineage OS Recovery. Following the official wiki I always got stuck in the lineage os boot animation. Never got past that. Tried to fastboot boot twrp.img but TWRP stuck on logo. I think I never tried to boot twrp with the userdata erased. I think I will try it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    4. open cmd
    Hi guys,
    Which android version are you? 9 10 11?
    Glad it worked out for you :)
    I don't use twrp anymore. Attached is Magisk patched boot for OP6 11.1.2.2 I patched from the latest payload.

fastboot flash boot_a magisk_patched-23000_OP6_11.1.2.2.img fastboot flash boot_b magisk_patched-23000_OP6_11.1.2.2.img