Cant clear cache through recovery

Search This thread

LeonardWoody

Apr 13, 2013
So for some time now my OP 8t won't fast or warp charge. Cleaned out the usb c port, and it charges just fine just not fast or warp. Thought I might clear the memory cache (since that's a good idea to do now and again anyways) but I can't find it anywhere. Not in the phone's settings nor in recovery mode. It's been some time since I've tried something like this with a phone, so maybe stuff has been moved around with a newer version of Android? Is there another way of clearing the memory cache?

Any help would be much appreciated 👍

Rootk1t

Jun 2, 2013
So for some time now my OP 8t won't fast or warp charge. Cleaned out the usb c port, and it charges just fine just not fast or warp. Thought I might clear the memory cache (since that's a good idea to do now and again anyways) but I can't find it anywhere. Not in the phone's settings nor in recovery mode. It's been some time since I've tried something like this with a phone, so maybe stuff has been moved around with a newer version of Android? Is there another way of clearing the memory cache?

Any help would be much appreciated 👍
On OOS12 they removed option to clear cached in stock recovery.

• Wow
Reactions: blackhawk

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 8T
I haven't needed to clear cache for many years. In fact after AOSP moved to ART it works perfectly to keep the runtime files updated.
At most, I clear the data of individual apps from Settings>Apps.

But, if you're rooted then you could delete things from /data/dalvik-cache