Question Can't clear persistent notification from Google that says 'Downloading'

Search This thread

DRatJr

I have a notification from Google that says 'Downloading'. When I try to find what specifically is showing it, it says Data Download Notification Channel. I'd prefer to just figure out why it's there and be able to fix the issue, and not just hide the notifications from that one specific thing. Anyone hav any ideas how?
Screenshot_20211230-102145.png

DRatJr

I know this doesn't give you what you want, but I would just chalk it up to a one-off quirk. I would expect rebooting would likely get rid of it, and hopefully, it wouldn't return, at least not regularly.
Rebooting does temporarily get rid of it but it comes back pretty soon after reboot. So I don't think it's a one off unfortunately.

Edit: my mobile data signal just went to like one bar and the notification went away. When I drove into a better signal area it came back.

• Wow
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Solomon M

Oct 31, 2017
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 6
Rebooting does temporarily get rid of it but it comes back pretty soon after reboot. So I don't think it's a one off unfortunately.

Edit: my mobile data signal just went to like one bar and the notification went away. When I drove into a better signal area it came back.

jimwebb

Aug 3, 2015
I've had this numerous times. Go into Apps and force stop the Google app. It makes it go away permanently. Or at least until next time it happens.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have a notification from Google that says 'Downloading'. When I try to find what specifically is showing it, it says Data Download Notification Channel. I'd prefer to just figure out why it's there and be able to fix the issue, and not just hide the notifications from that one specific thing. Anyone hav any ideas how?
    Screenshot_20211230-102145.png
    I've had this numerous times. Go into Apps and force stop the Google app. It makes it go away permanently. Or at least until next time it happens.