Can't connect to Kies with SGS2

Search This thread

Skinn0

Aug 19, 2010
Nijmegen
Hi,

I got a problem with connecting my sgs2 to Kies.
I've tried allot of things,

Uninstalled kies
Reinstalled kies
Update usb drivers manually
Try different usb cable/port.
Nothing works.

I can connect as mass storage but not with kies.
Could someone please help me. I need to update.

I got Windows 7 64bit notebook.

mika34

Dec 31, 2008
Dublin
Hi,

Uninstalled kies
Reinstalled kies
Nothing works.

I had same thing. In my case few times unplug the cable and plug back in helped. Weird but true. You can check if you can make connection via wi-fi ( kies wi-fi in phone settings) i was able to do it from very beginning before i got kies via cable sorted out.

dsgfh

May 5, 2011
Make sure your phone is unlocked when you plug it in. I spent a bit of time trying to get it talking initially including rebooting my phone, the PC, the phone & the PC. Turned out unnlocking the phone did the trick.

Skinn0

Aug 19, 2010
Nijmegen
I've tried those things too.
My notebook notice my sgs2 thats no problem, the problem is my notebook doesn't install the
Samsung_android and cdc serial driver. Those 2 fail.
Wierd thing is that it can connect as mass storage.

Rumble6059

Nov 12, 2008
Nottinghamshire
make sure you have no apps running! and USB debugging isn't ticked.
go onto stock TW launcher [will not work with launcher pro Etc AFAIK].
open task manager, clear all running apps and clear Ram. then open Kies and when loaded connect USB.
that's how i get it to work for me anyway :)
Rumble

Skinn0

Aug 19, 2010
Nijmegen
That's what i tried to. But thats not the problem. Problem is that my laptop doesn't installs the cdc serial driver.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App

ice_coffee

Oct 27, 2005
I had this exact problem, so I followed some advice I found on the web somewhere

1) uninstall kies
2) re-install kies but choose english US, as they seem to have missed out the CDC drivers for other languages!

Heebeegeebs

Jul 31, 2011
Hi,

Uninstalled kies
Reinstalled kies
Nothing works.

STEPS TO USING KIES with a Samsung Galaxy S2 (SII, eye eye, anything you want to call it on Windows 7 vista or XP

1.Ensure your USB Debugging feature is not checked (when some stores copy your contacts from one fone to another, they check this box. USBD will F up your KIES.)

2. Stop your antivirus from your stock app manager.

3. Kies running on cuomputer, and phone at a home screen, plug it in.

voila.

If you have been using multiple phones over usb, or trying to root phones etc, i suggest you recover you delete any trace of usb or phone drivers on your machine, and repair your windows install. then try again.

pegsnpops

Jan 5, 2012
This is how I fixed it for my scenario:

My Scenario:
few days back my SGS2 stopped recognizing apps installed on SD Card and I keep on getting "Force Close" error for installed (3rd party) apps on phone. I installed Kies on PC to backup my data before rooting my device, but Kies 2.0 was unable to read my phone. That's why i came here.. :)

My Fix:
I uninstalled all downloaded (3rd party) apps and that fixed the issue. In all I removed more than 20 apps, that were installed on phone.

RCA:
I believe some 3rd party app or apps were messing up with my phone, my sdcard, my Kies. Anyways I am planning to root the device so my sole intention is to take back up of my data (pics, vids to be specific)

Suggestion:
1. Try connecting to Kies, after removing SD Card. It will narrow down if prob is with SDCard or SDCard data
2. Try uninstalling apps 1 by 1, to see which one is the culprit.

Last edited:

seeker3

Aug 23, 2011
I had the same problem of Kies unable to connect to my phone. I could charge the phone, see it in the devices, connect through mass storage mode. Kies would even detect the phone when plugged in, tried to connect and would hang. I tried the usual steps (updated Kies, verified USB debugging is off, terminated all apps on the phone), but nothing worked.

I just rooted my phone and was concerned that something might have gone wrong in the process, resulting in the connection error, though every thing seemed to be normal. Out of desperation, I tried the diagnose connection problems button in Kies and Kies reinstalled the driver, tried connecting and rebooted the system. I tried again and this time it took much longer to install, but worked.

I suggest rebooting the system, before reinstalling Kies, as it worked after the reboot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    in settings/applications/development, make sure the USB debugging box is unticked.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone