Can't connect with fastboot or adb, Fastboot Reason: Flash Failure

Search This thread

twijg

Jan 17, 2023
Moto X 2014
Hi,
A few months ago, I tried flashing e-os on my old Moto X (2014). Something went wrong and I didn't look at it until now because of a lack of time.
When I connect the phone to my computer or a power brick, it goes immediately in AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S). I think I flashed something wrong in the wrong place. I can't connect with adb or fastboot (tried the fastboot from the package in the openSUSE linux repositories, the one from the android-platform tools on the android website and linux-fastboot from mfastboot), I tried different USB-cables (even one labeled as a "data cable") and ports.
The screen looks like this:
AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) 30.BE (sha-34b7ccb, 2015-04-22 12:57:17) eMMC: 16GB Sandisk RV=06 PV=07 TY=17 DRAM: 2048MB Samsung S4 SDRAM DIE=4Gb Up Time: 10 minutes Device is UNLOCKED. Status Code: 3 Battery OK Transfer Mode: USB Connected Boot Mode Selection Menu Vol Up Selects, Vol Down Scrolls Normal Powerup Recovery Factory Barcodes BP Tools Fastboot REason: Flash Failure USB connected

Selecting Recovery shows the "bootloader unlocked" warning screen and then an android on his back with a red warning triangle (⚠️).
Selecting Factory or BP Tools leads to the warning screen and then the menu again.
Normal Powerup gives the warning screen, a black screen (and vibrates, probably it restarts), the warning screen again and then the dead android with the warning triangle.

I don't remember what exactly I did last time.
Thank you for any advice.
Kind regards,
Twijg

twijg

Jan 17, 2023
Moto X 2014
Thank you for the reply.
No new usb-device showed up, which is weird. I tried all three ports and two different cables. The ports at least work with my keyboard and mouse.

This is an output I got, it was the same with or without the phone attached:
Code:
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 005: ID 0bda:0129 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTS5129 Card Reader Controller
Bus 003 Device 004: ID 13d3:5458 IMC Networks USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam
Bus 003 Device 003: ID 413c:2003 Dell Computer Corp. Keyboard SK-8115
Bus 003 Device 006: ID 13d3:3563 IMC Networks Wireless_Device
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 046d:c063 Logitech, Inc. DELL Laser Mouse
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0781:55ae SanDisk Corp. Extreme 55AE
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

I also tried again with my keyboard and mouse unplugged.

twijg

Jan 17, 2023
Moto X 2014
Thank you, that helped indeed. I was able to connect with fastboot and flash the recovery img.

That issue is solved now.

I now have a different problem where selecting recovery leads to an endless series of restarts to the unlocked bootloader warning screen. If you happen to know what the reason for that could be... I'll go looking online and in the fora as well and edit this message with the link to a solution if I find one.

Thank you again!

Reactions: alecxs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    disconnect usb, power off phone, press and keep holding both volume keys, connect usb
    Thank you, that helped indeed. I was able to connect with fastboot and flash the recovery img.

That issue is solved now.

I now have a different problem where selecting recovery leads to an endless series of restarts to the unlocked bootloader warning screen. If you happen to know what the reason for that could be... I'll go looking online and in the fora as well and edit this message with the link to a solution if I find one.

Thank you again!