Can't copy Google account to Galaxy Watch 4 Classic 4G with S20 Ultra bought in HK

Search This thread

SuperV1234

Nov 23, 2018
Hello, I just got a new Galaxy Watch 4 Classic 4G (purchased in the UK) but I am having trouble copying my Google account to it. My phone is a S20 Ultra 5G (purchased in Hong Kong, SM-G9880)

In the Galaxy Wearable app, After the "Copying your accounts..." screen I get a "Couldn't copy your Google accounts" error without any extra context or information.

I have tried resetting my watch, clearing app cache/data from the Galaxy Wearable app, and restarting my phone. I have not attempted a factory reset of my phone as I don't really want to do that unless strictly necessary.

I have contacted Samsung UK support and I've been told that one of the reasons this is not working might be the lack of the "Google Mobile Services" app from my phone, as it does not appear on the list of system apps:

we highly recommend reaching our designated support team in Samsung Hong Kong so that they can also fully check if you can install/download Google Mobile Service (GMS) as this is one of the requirements for you to be able to fully use your mobile phone with your Galaxy Watch4 Classic
I could not find a way to get that installed on my phone, and I am not convinced this is the culprit anyway.

Could someone help?

Jan 2, 2013
I had the same issue till yesterday night, Google play services had a new update yesterday so I updated and it worked flawlessly then. try to check if it has an update in the play store, note that you won't find it with "my apps", you have to go to phone settings, apps, show system apps, google play services, scroll all the way down and click on app details in store..