Can't decide between note20 ultra and s20 ultra

Search This thread

latouffe

Jul 30, 2011
Hi good folks!

I want to upgrade from a note8 to a new phone but the more I read the more questions I have. I have chosen to settle for the 20 line because of the card slot and s21 and s22 don't have it. Apart the SD card slot, I need a long sot and great caméras (i travel à lot)

Anyway I have a couple of questions and I hope you'll be able to answer them! Thank you!

1. The note20 ultra has a variable refresh rate. Does it means it can do 1440p at a vrr of 45 to 120hz? And it also means the sot lasts longer?
2. The s20 ultra has a bigger battery and in most of the tests the sot is between 10 and 13 hours. Compared to the note20u at 7 to 10. Is that what you've seen also?
3. Cameras. The main camera picture quality is almost the same but I wanted to talk about selfies. I think the s20u has better selfies than the note. Is that true?
4. A 3z5mm jack would be a blessing but they dont produce it anymore?

Which one would you chose? Or maybe I should go with another phone like the Xperia 1 Mk. 3? Or maybe the v60?

Nettwerk

Hello. I have some ansvers on your questions.
1. WlQHD goes only 60Hz, but FHD+ has Adaptive screen rate switching from 1Hz up to 120Hz.
2. No abswer on this question. With my usage Note 20 Ultra is good. I'm happy.
3. Camera on Note 20 Ultra is better then S20 Ultra. And S20 Ultra has focus issue. But if we look wide then there are many scenarios which depends of light, background and situation.
4. No 3.5mm jack. So you have to use usb-c dongle.

latouffe

Jul 30, 2011
Hello. I have some ansvers on your questions.
1. WlQHD goes only 60Hz, but FHD+ has Adaptive screen rate switching from 1Hz up to 120Hz.
2. No abswer on this question. With my usage Note 20 Ultra is good. I'm happy.
3. Camera on Note 20 Ultra is better then S20 Ultra. And S20 Ultra has focus issue. But if we look wide then there are many scenarios which depends of light, background and situation.
4. No 3.5mm jack. So you have to use usb-c dongle.
1. That's a bummer :(
2. And how long can your phone last with GPS, BT and LTE connected?
3. Good to know! And what about the selfie camera?
4. No problem.

Overall, would you recommend this phone?

Hi good folks!

I want to upgrade from a note8 to a new phone but the more I read the more questions I have. I have chosen to settle for the 20 line because of the card slot and s21 and s22 don't have it. Apart the SD card slot, I need a long sot and great caméras (i travel à lot)

Anyway I have a couple of questions and I hope you'll be able to answer them! Thank you!

1. The note20 ultra has a variable refresh rate. Does it means it can do 1440p at a vrr of 45 to 120hz? And it also means the sot lasts longer?
2. The s20 ultra has a bigger battery and in most of the tests the sot is between 10 and 13 hours. Compared to the note20u at 7 to 10. Is that what you've seen also?
3. Cameras. The main camera picture quality is almost the same but I wanted to talk about selfies. I think the s20u has better selfies than the note. Is that true?
4. A 3z5mm jack would be a blessing but they dont produce it anymore?

Which one would you chose? Or maybe I should go with another phone like the Xperia 1 Mk. 3? Or maybe the v60?
Hello friend, I have the Note 20 Ultra (ex990) and I will try to clarify your doubts a bit:

1: The note 20 Ultra has VRR but at 1080p, it varies between 48hz-120hz, the way it works is as simple as if you don't touch the screen for 3s, it lowers the frequency normally to 60hz, from my point of view could have been implemented better...

2: I've had the S20 Ultra for 6 months as well, and I can tell you that I didn't notice any big difference in battery life, the S20U lasts a bit longer in certain situations (idle for example) but the difference isn't noticeable. The battery in general with the 990 ranges between 4h and 6.5h SOT at 120hz, and 5.5h and 8h at 60hz 2K.

3: I would like to say that the rear camera of the Note 20U seems much better to me because they fixed the problems that the S20U had, the selfie camera is definitely better in the S20U, but both are so good that it should not be a determining aspect.

4: The 3.5mm connector is doomed to disappear but Samsung includes a 3.5mm to USB-C adapter, it is a useful solution if you want to continue using your wired headphones, it is also worth noting that in Europe it includes very good quality AKG headphones in the box (USB-C).