can't enable wifi calling on LM-G900UM

Search This thread

mkevinh

Nov 26, 2022
I have a velvet LM-G900UM. I would like to enable wifi calling, but the option is grayed out. Software version shows as G900UM20m.
I'm wondering if changing the firmware to one of those listed on this page will solve my problem?

If so, which would I use? I'm a rookie....totally clueless.

mkevinh

Nov 26, 2022
i noticed that under the link that i provided above, there are firmware versions that say "Open" in the description....does anyone know if that indicates lack of AT&T locks in the software?

mkevinh

Nov 26, 2022
when i try to run lg up, i get a failure message. i tried using uppercut, and i see the phone connected, select the firmware file, and when I start, it shows progress going to 4% and then the software crashes (windows). I have read other threads indicating a similar problem. i was trying to change the firmware to G900UM20j_00_OPEN_CA_OP_1027.kdz
do i need to do something else prior to using lg up, maybe unlock bootloader? i've turn on unlock and usb debug in system options, and also turned off usb debug....no difference.

i have not tried flashing to the european firmware...i wanted to try the canadian version that has "OPEN" in the name, hoping that it might not have the at&t controls/locks.