Can't enter fastboot mode Vol - Power

Search This thread

damian5000

Oct 25, 2011
If I hold volume button down while pressing power, it does nothing. Just stays totally black. Held it for 1 min straight. Release the volume button and just hold power and it turns on fine, but can't enter fastboot mode. Have tried now 5 or 6 times. Any ideas?

damian5000

Oct 25, 2011
Okay. Was able to do the same, but "adb fastboot recovery", but no option to update from SD. It automatically tried looking for "MOFD_UPDATE" when entering recovery. So I renamed the download from Asus to MOFD_UPDATE, but ran into other issues (CN build not allowing WW update).

Are you getting option to update from SD in recovery?

kennethh

Aug 15, 2008
If I hold volume button down while pressing power, it does nothing. Just stays totally black. Held it for 1 min straight. Release the volume button and just hold power and it turns on fine, but can't enter fastboot mode. Have tried now 5 or 6 times. Any ideas?

It should be volume up + power. When the phone vibrates, release power but keep holding volume p.

Reactions: Aceofzeroz

damian5000

Oct 25, 2011
Okay. I was following from here http://xdaforums.com/zenfone2/general/guide-how-to-update-flash-asus-zenfone-t3084727

I tried volume up too, but found it needed to be released, at just the right moment, then re-pressed again. Otherwise it just powered-off again if holding straight until after the quick logo flash. I found I needed to release during the logo flash, wait a second, then repress and hold. I know, sounds strange, but I've reproduced it many times.

Anyways, OTA shows no update available, even though there's clearly an update to both CN and WW on Asus site. Trying to flash WW gives me build prop error because SKU is CN (but current ROM is WW). Strange situation. Haven't tried manually flashing latest CN yet.

lanccra

Mar 15, 2017
Hye can help.my Asus zoovd can't enter to recovery mode and suck.but fastboot mode can enter. Have idea?

chacal92

Apr 10, 2018
Hi bro did you find a solution to boot your phone into fastboot mode. I have the same issue and i need help 🙏

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have the same issue....However I can enter fastboot via adb

It should be volume up + power. When the phone vibrates, release power but keep holding volume p.