Can't exit fastboot mode

Search This thread

mrsiri

Sep 16, 2017
Hello,

I was rying to install FireFireFire in my kindle fire 1 gen by doing this guide: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...flashing-fff-twrp-2015.2814955/#post-54124313

Beforehand I rooted kindle with saferoot successfully.

After device entered fbmode, it shows kindle fire logo and can't be recognized on computer.

How do I exit out of fastboot?

Is it possible to exit with short circuiting to boot via USB? how do I do this?

Kindle version is 6.3.4

Last edited:

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X2
Motorola Droid 3
Hello,

I was rying to install FireFireFire in my kindle fire 1 gen by doing this guide: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...flashing-fff-twrp-2015.2814955/#post-54124313

After device entered fbmode, it shows kindle fire logo and can't be recognized on computer.

Kindle version is 6.3.4
Root doesn't affect flashing Recoveries or bootloaders
Likely a driver issue, Using Windows 10?
The only way to exit out of Fastboot mode that I know is
Code:
fastboot -i 0x1949 oem idme bootmode 4000
fastboot -i 0x1949 reboot

Reactions: mrsiri

mrsiri

Sep 16, 2017
Thank you for the reply.

I tried using both linux and windows 10 but none detected my kindle.

Can I try the short pin method? Since I never done anything like this before, do I need to ground myself before shorting to not get shocked? since my version is 6.3.4 and the guide had version 6.2.1 idk if I can

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X2
Motorola Droid 3
Thank you for the reply.

Can I try the short pin method? Since I never done anything like this before, do I need to ground myself before shorting to not get shocked? since my version is 6.3.4 and the guide had version 6.2.1 idk if I can
You don't need to ground your self, you can try the short pin method, it doesn't matter what firmware version is installed.

mrsiri

Sep 16, 2017
Okay I'll try that and report after doing it.

Thank you again
Shorting the pins before, after and during plug in didn't change anything on screen...
It should at least be detected on computer, but either windows or linux don't show anything.
Since I need to lift the cable slightly up for it to connect to computer, I guess the problem is the port.

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X2
Motorola Droid 3
Shorting the pins before, after and during plug in didn't change anything on screen...
It should at least be detected on computer, but either windows or linux don't show anything.
Since I need to lift the cable slightly up for it to connect to computer, I guess the problem is the port.
There were lots of port issue reported over the years, likely the most common thing that let to there retirement.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

Kindle version is 6.3.4
    Root doesn't affect flashing Recoveries or bootloaders
    Likely a driver issue, Using Windows 10?
    The only way to exit out of Fastboot mode that I know is
    Code:
    fastboot -i 0x1949 oem idme bootmode 4000
    fastboot -i 0x1949 reboot
    Thank you for the reply.

You don't need to ground your self, you can try the short pin method, it doesn't matter what firmware version is installed.
    There were lots of port issue reported over the years, likely the most common thing that let to there retirement.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone