• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Can't find root method for LG Phoenix 2 (LG k371).

Search This thread

KippaStep

Jul 28, 2016
Hey all!

I recently bought the LG Phoenix 2 (LG k371) from ATT, and I really want to root it. But alas, I was unable to find any root method that works for my phone. Does anyone know of a method that will currently work for my device? It is running MarshMallow 6.0. I can update with any other info needed.

Thanks!

mdabdullah7

Jan 26, 2017
I got 3 of these phones from US, now am in india. I sent the unlock request to at&t, they provided me the unlock code and was able to unlock the network restrictions but the problem is, it only allows to make and receive phone calls, SMS. 4G or even 3G doesn't, am restricted to Edge 2G network. I tried various carriers Airtel, JIO 4G, Idea. Am fine if it restricts me on sharing hotspot but atleast 4G or 3G should work for the device.

It doesn't come with option to select Preferred network type, i can't manually change the network mode to 4G LTE, i tried various Network switcher apps nothing seems to work. I tried getting into hidden menu *#*#4636#*#* it opens the menu but can't get into Phone Information to make changes.

Am stuck with 3 of these on my head... plz... Any kind of help will be greatly appreciated..

Abdullah
Email - [email protected]
Cell - +9107207552183

kdm6389

Dec 25, 2014
Deoghar
Another problem with this mobile, the contact app showing nick name, in the list, its bit annoying. Any fix?? I tried google contact too, but not working either.

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

XDA should assign LG-K371 page

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

./adb reboot bootloader
Fastboot is disabled, Reboot to itself.

./adb reboot recovery
Recovery exist but don't know how to use and what can be achieved form stock recovery.

Since no fastboot, forget the 'root' and forget 'OEM unlock'

Only US people can do something, we can only brick this device.

Last edited:

amir2418

May 4, 2012
Using phone in different countries​ after unlocking No 3g laggy marshmallow version this Phoenix 2 really badly need a custom rom ?

Sent from my LG-K371 using XDA Free mobile app

mr_eugene

Feb 5, 2017
Eazx - thank you for posting link to kdz for k371, i think it will make people feel better about trying to root this phone, since they can always unbrick using stock image?

Who wants to try it and more importantly make an easy to follow process for rest of newbs like me?

There are some pretty thorough K8 guides, I found even youtube videos, etc. Did anybody try them? K8 is just like phoenix 2 almost.
Anybody brave, and yet smart enough to root this?

amir2418

May 4, 2012
I think it's going to take a while for able root this device no sign of hope ?

---------- Post added at 02:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 AM ----------

I think it's going to take a while for able to root this device no sign of hope ?

Princess_Kwannon

Feb 12, 2017
k37111n stock rom

Does anyone have a stock rom dump (kdz or tot) for the LG K371 for version k37111n?

I now have a play unit and have had some interesting times dealing with the hardware boot lock and the near impossible to eliminate FRP and need to reflash the firmware, but it wont let me flash old firmware. Any joy on finding the stock rom, or ideas on how to dump from another k371 unit, would be awesome possum :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all!

I recently bought the LG Phoenix 2 (LG k371) from ATT, and I really want to root it. But alas, I was unable to find any root method that works for my phone. Does anyone know of a method that will currently work for my device? It is running MarshMallow 6.0. I can update with any other info needed.

Thanks!
    amigo no entendi te completo, entonces tienes Root o no?

no no tengo root, pero logre restaurar mi equipo de un mal root que intente hacer.
    I just got my device over the weekend and already updated it. I'm working on uploading the source code for both MM and N for this device. I'm gonna do all I can to try and find stable root for MM/N versions but don't hold your breath on this nor ask for ETA!! I'm new to this snapdragon stuff so be patient.

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

I'm wondering if it's possible to downgrade back to 10b safely. My device came with 11n and I updated to N to get a feel of Nougat.

Do not even think about it unless you want to lose your money
    Lg Phoenix 2 root

KingRoot app will temp root this phone and you can uninstall all the at&t crap just fine but I needs to be re rooted every time you restart the phone I had to uninstall KingRoot my phone keeps randomly rebooting if its rooted with it
    I have a dump of the k37110h. Im going to try and port over cwm. I have a program that can flash the custom recovery over once Im able to get it ported