• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Can't find root method for LG Phoenix 2 (LG k371).

Search This thread

KippaStep

Jul 28, 2016
Hey all!

I recently bought the LG Phoenix 2 (LG k371) from ATT, and I really want to root it. But alas, I was unable to find any root method that works for my phone. Does anyone know of a method that will currently work for my device? It is running MarshMallow 6.0. I can update with any other info needed.

Thanks!

Hydran

Jul 10, 2010
Then I guess I have to wait like the others.

I still have my original K371. It is still bootlooping and I haven't found a fix. I tried the LG mobile recovery tool and even though it has the original OS and firmware, the tool says there is no update available (but they did release an android 7 OTA). Maybe with the source code for it being available now something could be done? No idea. I would be willing to mail it to someone to play around with if in the US - assuming it were returned in a reasonable amount of time.

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

Kirito 9 are waiting for a LG Phoenix 2, in almost if you recommend you update it by Lg mobile support tool since with that application you can download the kdz

From what I have been able to discern there is no available kdz. Source is available http://opensource.lge.com/osSch/list?types=ALL&search=lgk371 but updates are done OTA only.

Campero

Mar 23, 2014
Puerto Ordaz
I still have my original K371. It is still bootlooping and I haven't found a fix. I tried the LG mobile recovery tool and even though it has the original OS and firmware, the tool says there is no update available (but they did release an android 7 OTA). Maybe with the source code for it being available now something could be done? No idea. I would be willing to mail it to someone to play around with if in the US - assuming it were returned in a reasonable amount of time.

If you are looking for the update for this model here are the links

Https://xdmd.sl.attcompute.com/agents/57605/1485/a-b.up

A = represents the version you have if it is 10b, then it is the k37110b

B = represents what you want to see there are 3 versions 10h 10n 20j
10h = android 6
11n = android 6
20j = android 7

I recommend using the XDM download manager program.

kirito9

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 30, 2013

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

From what I have been able to discern there is no available kdz. Source is available http://opensource.lge.com/osSch/list?types=ALL&search=lgk371 but updates are done OTA only.

I just got my device over the weekend and already updated it. I'm working on uploading the source code for both MM and N for this device. I'm gonna do all I can to try and find stable root for MM/N versions but don't hold your breath on this nor ask for ETA!! I'm new to this snapdragon stuff so be patient.

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

If you are looking for the update for this model here are the links

Https://xdmd.sl.attcompute.com/agents/57605/1485/a-b.up

A = represents the version you have if it is 10b, then it is the k37110b

B = represents what you want to see there are 3 versions 10h 10n 20j
10h = android 6
11n = android 6
20j = android 7

I recommend using the XDM download manager program.

I'm wondering if it's possible to downgrade back to 10b safely. My device came with 11n and I updated to N to get a feel of Nougat.

Reactions: newton181

Campero

Mar 23, 2014
Puerto Ordaz
I just got my device over the weekend and already updated it. I'm working on uploading the source code for both MM and N for this device. I'm gonna do all I can to try and find stable root for MM/N versions but don't hold your breath on this nor ask for ETA!! I'm new to this snapdragon stuff so be patient.

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

I'm wondering if it's possible to downgrade back to 10b safely. My device came with 11n and I updated to N to get a feel of Nougat.

Do not even think about it unless you want to lose your money

kirito9

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 30, 2013

Hmm, guess I should've kept on MM instead where a temp root was possible. Well that sucks :').

alaskagurl16

Oct 28, 2017
If you are stuck at the logo screen

If you rooted or tried rooting your phone and are stuck at the logo screen.
You unfortunately now to flash your device with sock firmware. You can use Odin.
I'm having the same issue looking for root method for this phone. If I have to convert to lollipop again somehow I will. Please help.

Anybody else try Kingroot then Supersume and have the same trouble or had any success?

Well I totally boned my phone I think. Kingroot works but it caused a lot of instability. It reboots the phone within minutes of getting temp rooted. So I tried supersume to remove kingroot (which seems to also have a pretty bad reputation as far as privacy goes) to replace kingroot with supersu. Everything seemed to go fine, the binary updated and looked good. Once the phone reboots though, it freezes on the AT&T logo. When I try to factory reset the android pops on screen for about 5 seconds and nothing changes. I can't do anything with adb. Whenever I try to list devices the phone is detected but it says it isn't "Authorized". If anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all!

I recently bought the LG Phoenix 2 (LG k371) from ATT, and I really want to root it. But alas, I was unable to find any root method that works for my phone. Does anyone know of a method that will currently work for my device? It is running MarshMallow 6.0. I can update with any other info needed.

Thanks!
    amigo no entendi te completo, entonces tienes Root o no?

no no tengo root, pero logre restaurar mi equipo de un mal root que intente hacer.

Lg Phoenix 2 root

KingRoot app will temp root this phone and you can uninstall all the at&t crap just fine but I needs to be re rooted every time you restart the phone I had to uninstall KingRoot my phone keeps randomly rebooting if its rooted with it
    I have a dump of the k37110h. Im going to try and port over cwm. I have a program that can flash the custom recovery over once Im able to get it ported