I can't flash TWRP
twrp-3.4.0-1-ginkgo.img
in fastboot mode even though there isn't an error
Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.4.0-1-ginkgo.img
Sending 'recovery' (65536 KB)                      OKAY [  1.564s]
Writing 'recovery'                                 OKAY [  0.277s]
Finished. Total time: 1.868s
if I try to boot into recovery TWRP isn't there, it's on stock recovery. My bootloader is unlocked if it isn't obvious.

If I do
fastboot reboot recovery
after flashing TWRP, it doesn't boot into TWRP but instead into normal phone mode, not recovery.
If I do
fastboot reboot recovery
after flashing TWRP and then keep pressing the recovery key combo (PWR+VOLUP) it doesn't boot any recovery, it just keeps rebooting

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2020
Hi, I was on 11.0.11 and after flashing 11.0.12 from TWRP
miui_GINKGOGlobal_V11.0.12.0.PCOMIXM_912960e1fc_9.0.zip
I can't flash TWRP
twrp-3.4.0-1-ginkgo.img
in fastboot mode even though there isn't an error
Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.4.0-1-ginkgo.img
Sending 'recovery' (65536 KB)                      OKAY [  1.564s]
Writing 'recovery'                                 OKAY [  0.277s]
Finished. Total time: 1.868s
if I try to boot into recovery TWRP isn't there, it's on stock recovery. My bootloader is unlocked if it isn't obvious.

If I do
fastboot reboot recovery
after flashing TWRP, it doesn't boot into TWRP but instead into normal phone mode, not recovery.
If I do
fastboot reboot recovery
after flashing TWRP and then keep pressing the recovery key combo (PWR+VOLUP) it doesn't boot any recovery, it just keeps rebooting
Download twrp fastboot mode.

Hacker?pcs

Dec 3, 2015
Download twrp fastboot mode.
Doesn't work,
fastboot boot recovery-TWRP-3.3.2B-0627-REDMI_NOTE8-10.0-CN-wzsx150.img
bring me to a different screen, the one that says "Redmi by Xiaomi" instead of the one with the little thing with the communist hat tinkering with Android but it's fastboot again, no TWRP.
Flashing it to recovery is the same as the official, rebooting to normal phone mode and if I do adb reboot recovery it gets me to stock recovery, not TWRP

Dec 3, 2020
Doesn't work,
bring me to a different screen, the one that says "Redmi by Xiaomi" instead of the one with the little thing with the communist hat tinkering with Android but it's fastboot again, no TWRP.
Flashing it to recovery is the same as the official, rebooting to normal phone mode and if I do adb reboot recovery it gets me to stock recovery, not TWRP
Then ig.......try after reseting your device or clean flash latest miui with mi flash tool.(your bootloader needs to be unlocked)

Dec 3, 2020
Doesn't work,
By the way this is a different method. this should have worked. what did you do ?

Hacker?pcs

Dec 3, 2015
Then ig.......try after reseting your device or clean flash latest miui with mi flash tool.(your bootloader needs to be unlocked)
My bootloader is unlocked, I'm with Magisk since I bought the device, I usually to update download the recovery rom
and flash it then flash Magisk then TWRP to recovery, sometimes I forget though TWRP and then flash it from fastboot. I forgot it now but now it doesn't flash via fastboot for some reason

By the way this is a different method. this should have worked. what did you do ?
As I've said, it acts like the official TWRP, it either reboots to fastboot or to normal phone mode.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2020
My bootloader is unlocked, I'm with Magisk since I bough the device, I usually to update download the recovery rom
and flash it then flash Magisk then TWRP to recovery, sometimes I forget though TWRP and then flash it from fastboot. I forgot it now but now it doesn't flash via fastboot for some reason

As I've said, it acts like the official TWRP, it either reboots to fastboot or to normal phone mode.
i don't know how you flashed that twrp. Just open EN_Recovery-twrp-oneclick-EN then press enter. and then boot your phone to fastboot mode and connect to pc. then in pc type 2 and then i hope it will work

Hacker?pcs

Dec 3, 2015
i don't know how you flashed that twrp. Just open EN_Recovery-twrp-oneclick-EN then press enter. and then boot your phone to fastboot mode and connect to pc. then in pc type 2 and then i hope it will work
I've flashed it with the fastboot I have from Android SDK, didn't run the script. I've checked it out and saw that it flashes the misc.bin file too, I've tried flashing it but now I'm stuck on fastboot... ffs

I've downloaded the official Fastboot rom
ginkgo_global_images_V11.0.12.0.PCOMIXM_20201119.0000.00_9.0_global_37804edbcb.tgz
but I can't flash its misc.bin, it says Volume full...

fastboot continue
says "system has been destroyed"
I really don't want to wipe data and start fresh with Mi Flash tool ffs

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2020
I've flashed it with the fastboot I have from Android SDK, didn't run the script. I've checked it out and saw that it flashes the misc.bin file too, I've tried flashing it but now I'm stuck on fastboot... ffs

I've downloaded the official Fastboot rom
ginkgo_global_images_V11.0.12.0.PCOMIXM_20201119.0000.00_9.0_global_37804edbcb.tgz
but I can't flash its misc.bin, it says Volume full...
never heard of volume full problem. place the fastboot rom in desktop menu. and install necessary drivers that need to flash via mi flash tool

Hacker?pcs

Dec 3, 2015
never heard of volume full problem. place the fastboot rom in desktop menu. and install necessary drivers that need to flash via mi flash tool
Well the misc.bin from your link is 8KB, the misc.img from fastboot rom tgz is 8MB

It sucks because mi flash tool erases data...

EDIT
THANK GOD,
fastboot erase misc
fixes the destroyed problem and lets me boot.
I figured it out from the bat script in the tgz fastboot rom, it doesn't flash the contained 4MB misc.img, it just has "fastboot %* erase misc" near the end

Problem that I can't flash TWRP again so I can't root :/

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2020
Well the misc.bin from your link is 8KB, the misc.img from fastboot rom tgz is 8MB

It sucks because mi flash tool erases data...

EDIT
THANK GOD,
fastboot erase misc
fixes the destroyed problem and lets me boot.
I figured it out from the bat script in the tgz fastboot rom, it doesn't flash it, it just has "fastboot %* erase misc" near the end

Problem that I can't flash TWRP again so I can't root :/
so now you can boot.
if you have a pc just store your data in pc and then flash miui. then ig it will clear all the bugs u r facing and then you can try to flash twrp