Question can't get into edl mode

Search This thread

abdohd

Apr 16, 2018
how can I get oneplus 9 pro into edl mode while it's refusing to turn off?

keep in mind that I can't use adb. but was able get fastboot devices command to work
and I did not use any third party roms, didn't unlock the bootloader, and do not have root.
I just updated to the latest oxygen os 12 c44

I have tried: fastboot edl reboot, fastboot oem edl, fastboot edl-reboot and none of them worked

I need a way to make it go into edl mode

hallo dare

Jan 23, 2012
I had the same issue yesterday and this is what worked for me. Takes a few tries. Just be sure all drivers are good. Without being connected to the pc do the button combo, after a second plug it into the pc with MSM open whilst continuing the button combo. The screen will give a quick flicker of black/green and It will eventually connect to the MSM tool.

Reactions: abdohd

vipinpvarghese

May 22, 2013
Tabuk
OnePlus One
OnePlus 7 Pro
the button combo as in vol+ and vol-
yes I did
I tried to force reboot... and as soon as it tries to reboot I hit the button combo
it takes me back to the fastboot
Make sure you have the proper driver installed. And try using a different cable that the C cable that came with OP9 Pro.... If you are sure the driver is installed, do the following.
1. Open MSM tool and select required options.
2. Make sure he mobile is switched off.
3. Connect the USB cable to the computer and then connect the other end to mobile while holding vol + and - buttons. It will then show connected in MSM tool for 2 or 3 seconds. Immedeately click "start" in MSM.
This worked for me.

Reactions: Wi-f and abdohd

Wi-f

Aug 7, 2015
Chișinău
Make sure you have the proper driver installed. And try using a different cable that the C cable that came with OP9 Pro.... If you are sure the driver is installed, do the following.
3. Connect the USB cable to the computer and then connect the other end to mobile while holding vol + and - buttons. It will then show connected in MSM tool for 2 or 3 seconds. Immedeately click "start" in MSM.
This worked for me.
Thanks! The trick with a different than the OEM cable helped me. I have flashed a different .ops file than the one on my OnePlus 8 (wanted to transition from T-Mobile to Global), and after that, the phone was booting straight into fastboot, without the possibility to boot into edl or recovery...

LaviLev

May 1, 2018
This worked for me.

Thanks! The trick with a different than the OEM cable helped me. I have flashed a different .ops file than the one on my OnePlus 8 (wanted to transition from T-Mobile to Global), and after that, the phone was booting straight into fastboot, without the possibility to boot into edl or recovery...
changing from the OP8T cable to a generic fixed it for me too! than you!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    the button combo as in vol+ and vol-
    yes I did
    I tried to force reboot... and as soon as it tries to reboot I hit the button combo
    it takes me back to the fastboot
    This worked for me.
    I had the same issue yesterday and this is what worked for me. Takes a few tries. Just be sure all drivers are good. Without being connected to the pc do the button combo, after a second plug it into the pc with MSM open whilst continuing the button combo. The screen will give a quick flicker of black/green and It will eventually connect to the MSM tool.
    This worked for me.
    This worked for me.

changing from the OP8T cable to a generic fixed it for me too! than you!