Can't get my Verizon Note 4 (n910v) on T-Mobile. No service.

Search This thread

oohoy

Jan 6, 2010
only issue i have using tmobile sim on my verizon note 4 is that phone loses signals after each call. it does take a few second to get signals back. sometimes a reboot is required. just a bit annoying. does this apply to all samsung verizon phones ? i tried my tmobile sim in LG G4 and HTC 526 verizon phone and never had lost signals issues.

Reactions: khaidang27

noelnunez89

Jan 10, 2016
resuelto sin senal N910V (nicaragua) android 5.0.1

excelente, logre resolver mi problema gracias a este tema, agradezco de antemano.

tenia el mismo problema: sin senal con ningun operador, (nicaragua) con Claro y movistar no lograba hacer llamadas ni sms mucho menos internet.

hice un borrado de fabrica, luego le ingrese una sim de verizon e hice el proceso de activacion, luego apague y encendi (ya con una sim de nicaragua)
y logre tener senal en ambos operadores de aca.

muchas gracias.

Last edited:

khaidang27

Dec 9, 2015
only issue i have using tmobile sim on my verizon note 4 is that phone loses signals after each call. it does take a few second to get signals back. sometimes a reboot is required. just a bit annoying. does this apply to all samsung verizon phones ? i tried my tmobile sim in LG G4 and HTC 526 verizon phone and never had lost signals issues.
--> YES. You are right. The note 4 of Verizon took signal very weak from Tmobile and At&t.
- I confirmed. If you bring your note 4 - N910V to a verizon store, ask them for help (just borrow verizon sim card from a buddy), and Activate the phone with Verizon Sim card. After that, turn off the phone, Put Tmoile or Att sim card in, then Power On. It will work perfectly with .. weak signal, and 4G can not turn on. only 3G or H+ for data. (If you do a Factory Reset, you have to Re-activate with Verizon sim card, that's for real, guys)
- So i decided to re-sell it and buy another one from At&t, Unlock it with 8$ on eBay, then good to go with Tmobile sim card. Never lost 4G or Signal again.
- Thank you all for your help!!!
Regard!

potolok

Oct 27, 2015
Have similar problem on N910V with local CDMA-operator in Europe. Voice and calls works fine, but no data and no internet :(

Last edited:

glen5678

Feb 5, 2016
Ontario
Samsung Galaxy S6
Is it Verizon ROM?

--> YES. You are right. The note 4 of Verizon took signal very weak from Tmobile and At&t.
- I confirmed. If you bring your note 4 - N910V to a verizon store, ask them for help (just borrow verizon sim card from a buddy), and Activate the phone with Verizon Sim card. After that, turn off the phone, Put Tmoile or Att sim card in, then Power On. It will work perfectly with .. weak signal, and 4G can not turn on. only 3G or H+ for data. (If you do a Factory Reset, you have to Re-activate with Verizon sim card, that's for real, guys)
- So i decided to re-sell it and buy another one from At&t, Unlock it with 8$ on eBay, then good to go with Tmobile sim card. Never lost 4G or Signal again.
- Thank you all for your help!!!
Regard!

Is it the VZ ROM that's screwing these up from using TM?
I tried an ATT SIM with no issues at all, but using a TM SIM and I get NO SERVICE even after adding their APNs, etc...

I just wish we could load the TM version ROM onto these devices and be done with the carrier wars! :mad:

robrooter

Sep 30, 2012
Greenville
Well my N4 is doing the same on a Budget Mobile sim. They use T-Mobile towers for service. I get no signal and a notification saying" restricted access changed voice service blocked" as well. I have changed ApN and reset phone to no avail ( been trying to fix this for days so did a lot more too). Sometimes when I restart after changing something it will connect for a minute or so then it drops and notification comes back. Would going back to a 4.x ROM work?

Update: I used an active Page Plus sim. Made a test call. Then I re installed my Budget Mobile sim and it works. Has not locked up in almost 24 hours. Don't know why that fixed it but it did.
Sent from my SM-N910V using XDA-Developers mobile app

Last edited:

miltongina

May 8, 2013
San Antonio
Thats weird cause I just got my a unlock gsm Note 4 N910V using a ATT sim card with any problems, I have install on it from 5.01, 5.1.1. and even 6.0 MM
sure it would say that the sim card is not Verizon just have to change the APN to Gsm, Lte and all of the roms work fine. Just for your info. on Ebay.

lowirve

Aug 3, 2012
Have the same issue for att. So if I need to activate my phone with a verizon sim, do I have to factory reset, or I just simply insert one verizon sim card? Really don't want to reset my phone at this moment.

uzziah0

Jan 14, 2008
Sony Xperia XZ1
I just spent an extra ordinary about of time to get CPD1 (Android 6.0.1) installed, rooted, and everything.
Next problem: I cannot connect to T-Mobile, no phone, no data, no messaging.
There is no APN setting to change or add.
I found an thread talking about disabling a certain Verizon app, but there is no Apps in settings to be able to disable that.
Its like this phone REALLY doesn't want to be on T-Mobile. (People have also reported using a Verizon SIM to connect, then switch to T-Mobile and everything works, until they change something else!)
I cannot find anything else that helps get onto T-Mobile.
Is there a better ROM I can load, that still accesses everything the Note 4 offers and allows me to connect to T-Mobile?

manhattan212

Aug 19, 2011
So this problem still is an issue, to date; -even with N910VVZW2CQI2?

Would it be better/safer to use a different ROM?

manhattan212

Aug 19, 2011
So this problem still is an issue, to date; -even with N910VVZW2CQI2?

Would it be better/safer to use a different ROM?
I just downloaded and flashed the latest SM-910V stock ROM available. After flashing, my phone was using the installed SIM card just fine. However, it was being very sluggish, so I decided to Factory Reset. Once the phone rebooted from Factory Reset, the Setup Wizard displayed a notification about not having a Verizon SIM card, and now the phone won't make or receive calls, and it won't use cellular data.

I have essentially reduced my note 4 to a WiFi device.

I'm not really sure how to proceed.

I imagine I'll have to install some other ROM, but that's probably going to require some boot-loader unlocking procedure. I was really hoping to avoid having to do all that. I just wanted a stock, NON-rooted, standard ROM.

Last edited:

mojoswagger1980

May 18, 2014
I just downloaded and flashed the latest SM-910V stock ROM available. After flashing, my phone was using the installed SIM card just fine. However, it was being very sluggish, so I decided to Factory Reset. Once the phone rebooted from Factory Reset, the Setup Wizard displayed a notification about not having a Verizon SIM card, and now the phone won't make or receive calls, and it won't use cellular data.

I have essentially reduced my note 4 to a WiFi device.

I'm not really sure how to proceed.

I imagine I'll have to install some other ROM, but that's probably going to require some boot-loader unlocking procedure. I was really hoping to avoid having to do all that. I just wanted a stock, NON-rooted, standard ROM.
For starters tmobile is a gsm company verizon is cdma while it may be possible to get lte working via there sim no lower bandwidths will. Did you enter tmobiles apn info? You need to do it manually. Look up tmobiles info (i have no idea) and enter it via settings/more/carrier settings its the three dot menu at the top. I dont know how well your service will work but it should work.

toshik1

Jul 9, 2011
St.Augustine FL
I know the thread is old, got N910V with 6.0.1 phone calls on T-Mobile work fine, did everything metioned on the first page and "4G" in the top right corner does not light up... No data - says "Network unavailable"

Last edited:

toshik1

Jul 9, 2011
St.Augustine FL
I love answering my own questions!
On 6.0.1 SM-N910V in you'll need to add/change the following:
- Network mode: "LTE/GSM/UMTS", but you might as well leave it "Global"
In T-Mobile access point setup add:
- APN protocol and APN roaming protocol: "IPv4/IPv6"
- Bearer "LTE"

Last edited:

s.rolx

Jan 12, 2014
Fayetteville
update

That didn't work for me but I thought I would post my solution. Everything was the same as you did except the APN Type that I put in was
default,suppl,mms

A nice gu
y at the T-mobile store figured that out after we both nearly gave up. I hope this helps someone!

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

I love answering my own questions!
On 6.0.1 SM-N910V in you'll need to add/change the following:
- Network mode: "LTE/GSM/UMTS", but you might as well leave it "Global"
In T-Mobile access point setup add:
- APN protocol and APN roaming protocol: "IPv4/IPv6"
- Bearer "LTE"

That didn't work for me but I thought I would post my solution. Everything was the same as you did except the APN Type that I put in was
default,suppl,mms

A nice guy at the T-mobile store figured that out after we both nearly gave up. Everything works great on 4g now. I hope this helps someone!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Found solution.

For those having issues with not service when changing SimCards after 5.0x.
    The solution is http://xdaforums.com/android/software/debloater-remove-carrier-bloat-t2998294
    Just disable Verizon activation (VzwActivationAgent apk) app. NO ROOT NEEDED
    I also disabled some Knox services that where already pre-marked.
    Now I have service with T-mobile Sim and don't have the annoying "unkown sim" message.
    The tool is created by @gatesjunior so, show your appreciation on his thread. :)
    Possible Solution

If anyone else stumbles upon this having problems, I recommend factory resetting the phone, borrowing a friend's Verizon sim, and activating it. Then just swap the T-Mobile sim in and it should work fine.

Annoying, but at least something works.
    Getting TMobile 4G_LTE Working Again

Hi,

I had the same issue with my Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910V) edition. I needed to go back in and add the APN for TMobile US LTE, then all was well. I have included snap shots of mine for reference. Also, make sure you set your "Network" to Global.

Best of Luck

Jonathan

Hello everyone,

I was using the Verizon note 4 on tmobile until I got the 5.0.1 lollipop update. Now it won't register on tmobile at all, and there is an "x" next to the signal meter, indicating that it isn't getting any service. I triple checked my apn settingssettings, network modes, restarting. Nothing works. Did the lollipop update simlock the phone?
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910A 32GB AT&T,Black (Unlocked) Smartphone

If anyone else stumbles upon this having problems, I recommend factory resetting the phone, borrowing a friend's Verizon sim, and activating it. Then just swap the T-Mobile sim in and it should work fine.

Annoying, but at least something works.

I tried the above and it worked. I am using it with Cricket and had to do APN settings. Thanks for all the help