Can't get rid of spyware

Search This thread

pulshar18

Jan 21, 2021
I have done the following in attempt to get rid of this spyware:
flashed Havoc os
stock roms from official Miui using xiaomi flash tool and using twrp
erased partitions using adb before flashing (boot, system, recovery, data, cache)
It seems like it doesnt even touches it. I know its still there because he can control my phone (play notifications sounds from messenger i dont even have installed, closing/freezing my browser, freezing my screen, lockscreen goes on i dont even touch the phone).
What else can i do? Is there a way to erase every bit of data from the phone? What remains after flashing a stock rom?

Last edited:

pulshar18

Jan 21, 2021
Is there any way i can find Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 firmware and flash it? Can anyone help me pls?
I saw chimera tool can do firmware update but it costs 120 euro and idk if its gonna work

pulshar18

Jan 21, 2021
Its like a windows bios malware or maybe its in some partition that doesnt flash when installing new OS.
I talked to xiaomi support and they told me to take it to service but there is none in my country. I asked for help on Malwarebytes forum, sent apps report and they scanned it with VIrusTotal... nothing found.

I also did a logcat at boot time, i dont know if anything can be seen there.

The guy that did it hes messing with me like... telling me your wifi its not gonna work anymore, then it doesnt. O you have 5000 mah battery? my phone its charged 99% next day its empty and the phone just sits on the table... stuff like that so im pretty sure its hacked there is no doubt about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: ways2

ways2

Dec 21, 2019
OnePlus Nord
OnePlus Nord N100
Its like a windows bios malware or maybe its in some partition that doesnt flash when installing new OS.
I talked to xiaomi support and they told me to take it to service but there is none in my country. I asked for help on Malwarebytes forum, sent apps report and they scanned it with VIrusTotal... nothing found.

The guy that did it hes messing with me like... telling me your wifi its not gonna work anymore, then it doesnt. O you have 5000 mah battery? my phone its charged 99% next day its empty and the phone just sits on the table... stuff like that so im pretty sure its hacked there is no doubt about that.
How did you get get infected by this ?

pulshar18

Jan 21, 2021
Internal memory was wiped, sd card wiped, sim card none (i read some articles about sim card viruses thats just little scripts to call numbers, send texts and stuff maybe in another 50 years they will make malware that can do whats happening to me).
"Or make the perp fix it... legally." What?
"Any associated Google accounts reset the passwords... now." I didnt connect to anything cuz i know he has all my passwords, he clearly doesnt want that i can still use all my accounts.

sieger007

Jul 4, 2008
Dublin
I am in a similar situation.
I install YouTube vanced and WhatsApp Plus
in the latter case something deleted my entire data without asking me -I suspect it was clean master and my vanced applications were uninstalled all of a sudden.
I seem to know what cause that com.miui. securitycenter if you disable it it will boot loop if you to change and restrict access to various permissions then phone functionality is upset
I took out a separate thread on that here on xda Google com.miui. securitycenter draconian legitimate spyware from redmi
there is a thread on XDA I use havoc ~ two years or so but because it does not support VoLTE and trying to enable that has been in vain I am forced to come back to China ROM.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Internal memory was wiped, sd card wiped, sim card none (i read some articles about sim card viruses thats just little scripts to call numbers, send texts and stuff maybe in another 50 years they will make malware that can do whats happening to me).
"Or make the perp fix it... legally." What?
"Any associated Google accounts reset the passwords... now." I didnt connect to anything cuz i know he has all my passwords, he clearly doesnt want that i can still use all my accounts.
The malicious jpegs may be capable of doing that. I've had one the damages files in a folder but not files in folders, in the download folder.
It was confined to that folder unless one was to move it...
The trigger was viewing the jpeg.
They cure; simply delete it and repair or delete the damage files.

There are both Android and Windows variants of these. I've had a Windows variant too. Zero or minimum damage but only because I ID both quickly.

sieger007

Jul 4, 2008
Dublin
actually step back a little how do you conclude it's your phone that is affected you say he has access to our accounts and password maybe e is connecting on your Wi-Fi network IP address is the same and then trying to tinker with your accounts. what specifically makes you think that your phone is hacked as against something else

sieger007

Jul 4, 2008
Dublin
The malicious jpegs may be capable of doing that. I've had one the damages files in a folder but not files in folders, in the download folder.
It was confined to that folder unless one was to move it...
The trigger was viewing the jpeg.
They cure; simply delete it and repair or delete the damage files.

There are both Android and Windows variants of these. I've had a Windows variant too. Zero or minimum damage but only because I ID both quickly.
I have more than 30,000 from photographs and especially WhatsApp
how do I scan for malicious code in JPG is there a specific tool anti malware that has that capacity to go through JPG hexdump and then fish out 👹

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I have more than 30,000 from photographs and especially WhatsApp
how do I scan for malicious code in JPG is there a specific tool anti malware that has that capacity to go through JPG hexdump and then fish out 👹
Jeeeesze, downloads from WhatsApp?
That's a great way to pick up creepy crawlers.
WhatsApp, FB, Instagram don't get on my devices. Ever.
They ruin lives, careers and more... they are spyware and malware by their very nature.

I never have had anything detect these little buggers, I'm not saying there aren't detectable, but don't count on it. The two I found I didn't even consider keeping them for analysis.
They wasted enough of my time as it was. Finding them in an ocean of jpegs could be problematic.

Rule #1, all downloads go to the download folder.
Choose what goes into your database after observation and at least scan it with Malwarebytes. Online Virustotal for any download remotely suspicious. Open jpegs at least once in the download folder and be aware of anything unusual afterwards... that may be the only clue you get.

If you really think one of these images has a malicious script, you need to isolate it. Scan with Malwarebytes and whatever else you want.
Try reloading, confirm the device is still clean then load the suspect database.

Problem being the trigger is opening the jpeg or some other related action to it like deleting the email it was associated with in Windows Outlook. If you get nailed again, reload and break/import your database in groups. You can see where this is going... it may take a while.

I've seen what they can do, I avoid downloading clickbait pics from untrusted sites, people and emails (email is kept in the cloud ie gmail).
My backups are also from different time periods on hdds completely isolated from each other and the PC. I could lose some of my database but not all of my it. With over 1 tb of data I'm not playing around.

The second and last(?) malicious jpeg I ran into was on Android about 1.5 years ago.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

He got physical access to my phone.