• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Can't get usb debugging working

Search This thread

funkyirishman

Jul 22, 2011
Dublin
Phone is rooted and on android 10 and xxxnolimits installed

I connected phone to pc and only charging. Tried 3 different cables, including official one and 3 different USB ports and not showing on pc. I can hear noise it's connected to pc but then another noise to disconnect

Usb debugging is enabled and default usb configuration I can change to file transfer, usb tethering , midi, ptp & no data transfer. I changed it to each of them still not showing

There is no option to choose mtb from drop down notification no notification is there

I rebooted phone and pc and cleared cache. Also i app settings allowed notifications.

I'm at the end of my tether trying to figure out what issue is as was working previously.

Now all its doing is charging

Any suggestions

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013

I connected phone to pc and only charging. Tried 3 different cables, including official one and 3 different USB ports and not showing on pc. I can hear noise it's connected to pc but then another noise to disconnect

Usb debugging is enabled and default usb configuration I can change to file transfer, usb tethering , midi, ptp & no data transfer. I changed it to each of them still not showing

There is no option to choose mtb from drop down notification no notification is there

I rebooted phone and pc and cleared cache. Also i app settings allowed notifications.

I'm at the end of my tether trying to figure out what issue is as was working previously.

Any suggestions
Do you have the latest fastboot-adb platform tools installed? Just a thought.

Last edited:
Reactions: funkyirishman

funkyirishman

Jul 22, 2011
Dublin
Will check

However usb notification drop down not coming up on phone to change settings when I plug phone into port.

Also plugged phone into USB port of car for android auto and not picking it up

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
If I restore a backup would that be worth trying or does issue seems to be with usb port on phone?
Try uninstalling and reinstalling usb google drivers on your pc ( or your appropriate driver's for your phone).

Last edited:

funkyirishman

Jul 22, 2011
Dublin
Are you talking about usb drivers?

I installed this one

Still not working

Phone not showing up in device manager

funkyirishman

Jul 22, 2011
Dublin
Also tried the below and phone just keeps on rebooting

in Developer option > USB debugging ON

turn off phone
connect cable
turn ON phone

Still looking for a solution

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Any suggestions
    Do you have the latest fastboot-adb platform tools installed? Just a thought.