• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Can't go into recovery mode and can't factory reset.

Search This thread
Jan 21, 2016
My problem is different from others because my phone does not get stuck on logo, it gets switched on normally.
My device is HTC d816g ...i rooted with kingroot, these are happening after that. I have removed root completely but the problem is still there. When i try doing factory reset by going to settings, the phone turns off but then turns on again like i only rebooted it. Also when i try going to recovery mode, after clicking on the recovery mode button, the phone turns on instead of going to recovery mode.
Please tell me what to do, i searched a lot but no one has the same problem so i cant get the solution:crying:

princemeedo

Jul 7, 2018
My problem is different from others because my phone does not get stuck on logo, it gets switched on normally.

My device is HTC d816g ...i rooted with kingroot, these are happening after that. I have removed root completely but the problem is still there. When i try doing factory reset by going to settings, the phone turns off but then turns on again like i only rebooted it. Also when i try going to recovery mode, after clicking on the recovery mode button, the phone turns on instead of going to recovery mode.

Please tell me what to do, i searched a lot but no one has the same problem so i cant get the solution:crying:

Flash it with twrp recovery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pranavsinha1122000
Jan 21, 2016
Flash it with new firmware

Other thing if bootloader not open u can not go to recovery

Thankyou so much. I installed stock firmware with help of smart phone flash tool. Now i can open stock recovery as well, and format too...,though its already formatted by applying new firmware.....but anyway thankyou so much for it :) Now i can install custom recovery and custom rom *_* Thanks

Jan 21, 2016

Thankyou so much. I installed stock firmware with help of smart phone flash tool. Now i can open stock recovery as well, and format too...,though its already formatted by applying new firmware.....but anyway thankyou so much for it :) Now i can install custom recovery and custom rom *_* Thanks

Ok update.... My device was ok after firmware install...then i rooted it with kingroot, and it was successful, then i flashed twrp recovery file using flashify and now the recovery mode is not opening again...instead the device turns on when i choose "go into recovery mode".
Please help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Flash it with twrp recovery

I tried that too, but nothing happened. Also I should mention i didnt feel like twrp went completely successful. Because 816 is the option in twrp but not 816g