Can't install any custom rom and recovery on poco M3 citrus

Search This thread

Ashtakeshi

May 23, 2022
I have poco M3 citrus and I recently unlocked it's boot loader but when I tried to install twrp recovery it only shows black screen when Booting in recovery and when I install orange fox it successfully installed but on every reboot it revert back to stock recovery.
And I want to install custom recovery on my poco M3 citrus but all custom rom are for poco M3 juice like corvus os can you helpe I really want to install a gaming custom rom on my poco M3 citrus

orb3000

Retired Senior Moderator
XDA App Taskforce
I have poco M3 citrus and I recently unlocked it's boot loader but when I tried to install twrp recovery it only shows black screen when Booting in recovery and when I install orange fox it successfully installed but on every reboot it revert back to stock recovery.
And I want to install custom recovery on my poco M3 citrus but all custom rom are for poco M3 juice like corvus os can you helpe I really want to install a gaming custom rom on my poco M3 citrus
Welcome to XDA,

Have a good read on this link

Hope it helps

Reactions: Ashtakeshi

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
download this
extract it and find vbmeta.img under “images” folder, move it to c drive without under any folders
go into fastboot and execute the fastboot command:
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta C:\vbmeta.img
then reflash orangefox

Ashtakeshi

May 23, 2022
download this
extract it and find vbmeta.img under “images” folder, move it to c drive without under any folders
then reflash orangefox
Thanks and can you do something about custom rom too

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
Extract the .gz file into a .img file with 7zip winrar or whatever
then rename it into system.img and put into c drive not under any folder
then execute:
fastboot flash system C:\system.img
fastboot reboot

then see if it boots. do this at your own risk I mean I am not responsible if your device is bricked more

Ashtakeshi

May 23, 2022
download this
then reflash orange
Hi thanks it works now i was able to flash xiaomi.eu rom on my device

Last edited:

Ashtakeshi

May 23, 2022
then execute:
fastboot reboot

then see if it boots. do this at your own risk I mean I am not responsible if your device is bricked more

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
Hi the terminal is saying it's incorrect
what is the exact error
just delete the part that it says it is wrong and retry the command
e.g. if error is error message: fastboot: unknown option -- disable-verity
then
fastboot --disable-verification flash vbmeta C:\vbmeta.img
DO THE DISABLE VERITY BEFORE do those on post 6!

Last edited:

Ashtakeshi

May 23, 2022
what is the exact error
then
Thanks now its working very good thanks you very much you saved my life

Ashtakeshi

May 23, 2022
Yes ver very thanks hi do you know any custom kernal i had installed xiaomi.eu rom on my citrus device but now my phone lags a way more then before when playing genshin impact. I searched youtube for custom kernal but they are all for poco m3 juice not a single for poco m3 citrus
Do you know any good kernal for poco me citrus

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
Yes ver very thanks hi do you know any custom kernal i had installed xiaomi.eu rom on my citrus device but now my phone lags a way more then before when playing genshin impact. I searched youtube for custom kernal but they are all for poco m3 juice not a single for poco m3 citrus
Do you know any good kernal for poco me citrus
have not seen one… sorry

Same situation here

download this
then reflash orangefox
I tried this one but after booting to custom recovery it keeps blinking on Orange Fox Recovery logo, can't be able to go to the recovery menu. How to fix it please help me

Lingatsu

Aug 29, 2022
OnePlus Nord CE 2
then execute:
fastboot reboot

Hi, is it also possible to install crDroid rom on Poco M3 citrus ?

Were you finally able to install a custom rom ? If yes, is it evolutionos or another one ?

Last edited:

Ashtakeshi

May 23, 2022
Hi, is it also possible to install crDroid rom on Poco M3 citrus ?

Were you finally able to install a custom rom ? If yes, is it evolutionos or another one ?
Yes there are plenty of custom rom which can be installed on poco m3 all the rom which work on juice/chime work in Citrus too it just that the kernel doesn't support the main problem is the panel nvt-ts which many doesn't support so you can install any custom rom and if it didn't boot just flash a different kernel i advice to use stormbreaker r5 kernel it work on all rom . And I'm currently on CRDROID 8.9 with fbe v2 supported

Reactions: Lingatsu

Lingatsu

Aug 29, 2022
OnePlus Nord CE 2
Yes there are plenty of custom rom which can be installed on poco m3 all the rom which work on juice/chime work in Citrus too it just that the kernel doesn't support the main problem is the panel nvt-ts which many doesn't support so you can install any custom rom and if it didn't boot just flash a different kernel i advice to use stormbreaker r5 kernel it work on all rom . And I'm currently on CRDROID 8.9 with fbe v2 supported
Thanks for your explanation. I'm gonna try !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    download this
    then reflash orangefox
    Welcome to XDA,

Have a good read on this link

Hope it helps
    then execute:
    fastboot reboot

Hi the terminal is saying it's incorrect
    what is the exact error
    then