Can't install cwm on my s5830i,anyone help ?

Search This thread

manimaluk

Jan 8, 2011
Hi

I have tried installing CMW 5.0.2.6. with Odin 4.38, but Odin can't find my phone, i've got kies installed, all drivers are installed, but one,SAMSUNG Mobile USB CDC Composite Device. Just can't seem to install it.
I've tried installing by putting the zip version on my sd card and using default recovery, but all i get is a load of code and then 'installation aborted'. i've even put a fresh copy of vista on my pc to eliminate any conflicts, but still no joy.
I ave flashed a few android phones (ZTE Blade, Xperia X10i, SGII) without any problems .
Can anyone help before i throw the damn thing through the window please.

:mad:

manimaluk

Jan 8, 2011
That worked, thanx.
By the looks of it though, i don't think there are any roms available for the s5830i, so it looks like i'm stuck with stock.

ayush29k

Sep 30, 2011
Delhi
Stock isn't that bad, you can modify it yourself, theme it add new apps and widgets, stock still has the best battery backup.

You can try galaxy y roms, their hardware specs is much more similar to s5830i than the original ace. See if people have been able to flash those roms, you might get lucky. :good:

manimaluk

Jan 8, 2011
ok, thanx, i like the stock, but i like trying out different roms, i've looked at these roms for the y,they seem to be a bit buggy, something might come along shortly, we'll have to see.

Top Liked Posts