• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Can't install Global Rom on the ROG phone 5s now?

Search This thread
Dose anyone have the rooted boot.img for the rog phone 5s?

Grab the firmware that matches yours from the first site
Extract the files inside it and find the payload.bin

Install the python script from the second site
Run the payload_dumper.py on the payload.bin

Grab the boot.img from the extracted payload folder
Install Magisk and use the select and patch a file option

cliehk

Aug 27, 2019
Thank you for the stock rom, I have succesfully convert the rom to WW rom and running good, but there is one problem that, I am not abe to update the firmware, as the offical firmware downloaded said update fail

cliehk

Aug 27, 2019
Sorry so you mean flash it again with the stock rom downloaded? or by the rom download from Asus support site?

Sorry so you mean flash it again with the stock rom downloaded? or by the rom download from Asus support site?

No, the raw firmware.

Look at the update / convert / restore section. There are a bunch of threads for it

cliehk

Aug 27, 2019
No, the raw firmware.

Look at the update / convert / restore section. There are a bunch of threads for it
just tried and after flashing still fail to update firmware. beside this the phone work normal (just pop up the warning for unoffical firmware)

maybe need to wait for updated raw firmware and try again

thank you for the advise

cliehk

Aug 27, 2019
What warning for unofficial firmware? That could be an issue
1633056969363.png

same warning as ROG3 converting from CN to WW Rom.

Maybe Asus is starting to block user to update the phone by downloading the firmware

cliehk

Aug 27, 2019
or find the remaining CN vales in the properties. Both commonly cause that.
A great news, I just now flashed the patched root boot image and change the fingerprint to WW, flashed raw firmware again and found there is different after data wipe, and able to download firmware to update right now

however, the annoying warning still pop up...seems I am not able to clear it

geoffsmile

Jun 8, 2013
A great news, I just now flashed the patched root boot image and change the fingerprint to WW, flashed raw firmware again and found there is different after data wipe, and able to download firmware to update right now

however, the annoying warning still pop up...seems I am not able to clear it
Kindly share the root-boot.img please. Thank you!

Kindly share the root-boot.img please. Thank you!

Check the thread on rooting. It's easy to make one with Magisk that is sure to work with your firmware.

fluxus_

Oct 15, 2021
RAW files are full firmware files which has all the files.
The Asus Helpdesk gives you OTA files, which is good enough to update your existing firmware version.

Raw firmware uploaded

Updated to
My Google Drive ran out of space.

When installed with the corresponding raw, the error message of 'hardwarestub services' is permanently exposed.

I want to remove the hangover message because the message is very annoying.

In addition, manual updates are not possible with the latest firmware supported by ASUS. Do you know how to solve this problem?

JazonX

Dec 16, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
When installed with the corresponding raw, the error message of 'hardwarestub services' is permanently exposed.

I want to remove the hangover message because the message is very annoying.

In addition, manual updates are not possible with the latest firmware supported by ASUS. Do you know how to solve this problem?

Manual updates via the System will never work until and unless your device fingerprint is same as the current firmware fingerprint (ie - Hardware is CN and the firmware is an incremental CN).

We haven't reached a stage to match firmware and vendor fingerprints yet on the ROG 5 devices.

Manual updates via the System will never work until and unless your device fingerprint is same as the current firmware fingerprint (ie - Hardware is CN and the firmware is an incremental CN).

We haven't reached a stage to match firmware and vendor fingerprints yet on the ROG 5 devices.

What is preventing it from being possible?

I haven't tried it, but would it be possible to use that magisk module that fakes the fingerprint to perform the install, which would then fix it for future installs? If I remember right, they did add the ROG Phone 5 as one of the options.

fluxus_

Oct 15, 2021

If so, is there currently no way to solve it without root, and is there no way to erase the above warning message? I need an update right now.
the warning message is very frustrating.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I found this.

Should I think that the seller is lying?

Thank you for your answer.

Seller may have been worried to try it or simply didn't have the raw file for the conversion.
    Let the device reach you before figuring it out.

Nevertheless - if you need the raw of WW for the version WW-18.1220.2107.106 of ZS676KS - Hit me up.

Thats one version before the current one from your link. Current one's raw will come around in a week or two.
    You can use this (2107.106) version to convert, and then use the helpdesk version to OTA to the latest.

Cheers.
    Hey,

Your guide apllys also to rog 5s? I know that is for the rog 2, but as you told to dont hesitate to ask hehe

Yeah, All ROG's have the same process so far.

ROG 3 had some limitations (Refresh Rate, Some error message) when converted from CN-> WW.
    ROG II had only an issue with OTA updates failing,
    ROG 5 - I didn't read any setbacks so far, so you should be good to go.

The guide always was same,

Fastboot mode, side USB Port, steady cable, latest platform tools,
    Raw file in root folder, FlashALL_AFT command ...