cant install on Oreo

Search This thread

Krunk_Kracker

Sep 13, 2009
Somewhere in Florida
The zip doesn't have support for A/B partition. You have to install through the app. Put it in '/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/cache/downloads/framework' then enable 'show outdated versions'.

Place the installer zip in the directory
/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/cache/downloads/framework/

So the full path including the zip I use for 8.1 on the pixel XL is
/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/cache/downloads/framework/xposed-v90-sdk27-arm64-beta1.zip

And then re-launch the installer app and click on the installer and select "install" and it works!

This is the way to fix it, thank you!

The download within the exposed installer does not appear to work either, so this is the only way to do it currently it seems if recovery install doesn't work for you.

mimmmmiiii

May 9, 2015
After I uninstalled Xposed by using xposed-uninstaller-20180108-arm64.zip,
and try to uninstall Magisk to make a clean Magisk root,
I failed and stocked in the G boot animation,
at least boot 30 minutes with a process bar under the G and can't get into my system,
no matter adb flashing patched_boot.img or TWRP flashing Magisk-v15.2.zip,
now I can only use stock boot.img to boot into an unrooted system,
anyone get any idea about this issue?
Appreciated! :)

ins5736

Mar 14, 2013
Rochester
After I uninstalled Xposed by using xposed-uninstaller-20180108-arm64.zip,
and try to uninstall Magisk to make a clean Magisk root,
I failed and stocked in the G boot animation,
at least boot 30 minutes with a process bar under the G and can't get into my system,
no matter adb flashing patched_boot.img or TWRP flashing Magisk-v15.2.zip,
now I can only use stock boot.img to boot into an unrooted system,
anyone get any idea about this issue?
Appreciated! :)

Same problem here on Pixel XL. :(

spinsupreme

Dec 22, 2016
Oklahoma City
For SafetyNet, please install "No Device Check" from Xposed.
I have an Android 7 device with Xposed and this installed. The banking app works.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=73536999&postcount=4

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

@Neejay May I confirm if you have NO magisk module installed?
If you have installed any, may you please list them out?

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

Okay I think I can conclude how to install Xposed on Pixel device (or some other devices as well).
1. Install Xposed installer, and place the Xposed-Framework zip in /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/cache/downloads/framework/
2. Disable ALL modules in MagiskManager
3. Install Xposed-Framework in Xposed installer with "install" button (NOT via recovery)
4. Reboot. Xposed is intalled. You can activate the Magisk modules again

Worked on my Moto Z² Force too. Thanks a bunch.

Afzal922

Nov 19, 2016
Islamabad
This works on pixel devices

/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/cache/downloads/framework/

/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/cache/downloads/framework/xposed-v90-sdk27-arm64-beta1.zip

And then re-launch the installer app and click on the installer and select "install" and it works!
Worked on Samsung Galaxy j7 Prime. Thanks a lot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I use magisk, and I chose "Install" from the Xposed app, AFTER manually placing the zip in the folder previously mentioned.

I forgot it breaks SafetyNet though...doh!

For SafetyNet, please install "No Device Check" from Xposed.
    I have an Android 7 device with Xposed and this installed. The banking app works.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=73536999&postcount=4

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

@Neejay May I confirm if you have NO magisk module installed?
    If you have installed any, may you please list them out?

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

Okay I think I can conclude how to install Xposed on Pixel device (or some other devices as well).
    1. Install Xposed installer, and place the Xposed-Framework zip in /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/cache/downloads/framework/
    2. Disable ALL modules in MagiskManager
    3. Install Xposed-Framework in Xposed installer with "install" button (NOT via recovery)
    4. Reboot. Xposed is intalled. You can activate the Magisk modules again
    When I flash Xposed for 8.1 on my pixel 1 and it's showing like this. Any idea?

The zip doesn't have support for A/B partition. You have to install through the app. Put it in '/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/cache/downloads/framework' then enable 'show outdated versions'.
    This works on pixel devices

Mine was installed successfully but it is showing error not activated
    Problem solved with reflashing and cleaning caches...
    It's showing error 404.
    I put Xposed installer Sdk27.zip to the folder u mentioned above.

Move the ZIP file to the folder mentioned, force close the installer app, and then restart the installer. Now, it should see the downloaded file, and it will install just fine. I also enabled "storage" permission for the installer.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone