• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Can't install TWRP after updating to Nougat

Search This thread

Gutito

Feb 26, 2017
Campinas
I recently updated my EVA-L09 to Android 7.0. Before that, I was rooted and I had TWRP. After I updated, I obviously would need to install TWRP and root again, but when I install it with SRK Tool or even with fastboot, it always goes back to stock recovery. I already tried to flash it by "recovery.img" as well.

aceclift

Nov 11, 2013
Swindon
I recently updated my EVA-L09 to Android 7.0. Before that, I was rooted and I had TWRP. After I updated, I obviously would need to install TWRP and root again, but when I install it with SRK Tool or even with fastboot, it always goes back to stock recovery. I already tried to flash it by "recovery.img" as well.

that would be because the TWRP in SRK Tools is only for android 6 (EMUI 4.1 - 4.1.1) and not for android 7 (EMUI 5 - 5.1)
the recovery that you need to use in order for twrp to be installed is this one https://github.com/OpenKirin/android_device_huawei_eva/releases/download/3.1.0/twrp-3.1.0-0-eva.img
then once its installed boot up your phone and then type in "adb reboot recovery" and that will then boot your device into TWRP 3.1.0.0

Gutito

Feb 26, 2017
Campinas
Thank you, it worked!
Another question, but now related to SuperSU.
I am with the 2.79 version of SuperSU and I downloaded the binary .zip of this version and flashed it by twrp. The problem is that it keeps saying ""There is no SU binary installed and SuperSU cannot install it. This is a problem!".

Gutito

Feb 26, 2017
Campinas
Could you post how perhaps? I had the same problem as you - the TWRP posted about fixed my first problem but now I can't get SuperSU to install either. Would be interested to know how you fixed it! :eek:
I solved it by this post https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=70927601&postcount=456
I ended up not using super su but If you want you can use it instead of the one suggested there
By flashing the file provided in the post, I managed to automatically get access to super user (root)

Last edited: