Question Can't load Android System (Reason: fs_mgr_mount_all) - forced RM after sys update (A52s 5G)

Search This thread

GabHM

Sep 30, 2022
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
Hello there,

I recently did a software update - not having done anything mod-ish things or anything to my phone, I didn't expect anything to happen.

My phone worked like usual after the update. After a restart of the phone, I end up in the Recovery Mode now and can't get out of it.
The error I'm getting is "Can't load Android System". The reason described at the bottom of the phone is "Reboot Recovery Cause is init:1" and "Reason is fs_mgr_mount_all:"
I'm able to get the phone into regular recovery mode and download mode - but nothing else.
I read some logs and it claims that the kernel on my phone is not made for production use, and that the user reads this message and is not debugging, then the vendor should be contacted. Not really applicable here but I wanted to mention it.
I was thinking about manually reinstalling the latest update, but I don't know if that's a good idea; how to do it properly without data loss (if even possible); and I don't know my CSC code. The download mode method & going via Samsung Support did not work. I only got the overall region, which is EUB - but I don't know the exact code.

How should I proceed from here on? Is manually installing the update a good idea, and does anyone have a good guide for me?
Or is there any reputable software that can fix this system error or can export some of my data for a reinstall.

Samsung Support was not a big help, as they only fix devices with data loss and they claimed that the symptoms I'm getting point to a voided warranty.

EDIT 2: Also, what can go wrong when installing an update with the wrong CSC?

EDIT 3: Also spoke to realbbb in this thread about this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/patched-odin-3-13-1.3762572/post-87516547

Best regards,
Gab

Last edited:

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
Usually it's just enough to flash any CSC from your country since they tend to have everything you need there.
And no, you won't have any negative impact if you flash the wrong CSC
There should be plenty of tutorials on YouTube on how to flash stock with Odin.

Reactions: GabHM

GabHM

Sep 30, 2022
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
Bump, flashed my phone using Odin and the latest firmware and I still can't boot. I still need help here.
Also, the phone showed the android figure and "Erasing..." right after flashing even though I flashed with HOME_CSC. Is my data gone now or is this normal?

EDIT: I read something regarding slot changing or similar, how would I achieve this/is this something I could or should do in my case? Or am I already boned because I wiped my data
EDIT 2: Regular recovery mode gives me "Error updating for slotselect"
EDIT 3: The error that shows up is English now instead of German (what it was before), did I make it worse?

EDIT 4: Thinking about downgrading, is this a good idea?

EDIT 5: Tried downgrading to Security Patch levels 3 & 6 months ago and also tried going down to Android 11. Won't work. Still need help.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Usually it's just enough to flash any CSC from your country since they tend to have everything you need there.
    And no, you won't have any negative impact if you flash the wrong CSC
    There should be plenty of tutorials on YouTube on how to flash stock with Odin.