• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Can't make viper4android work on OnePlus 8 Pro (11.0.8.8IN11BA)

Search This thread

Arksuga

Sep 20, 2021
The screenshot is in Spanish but I hope it still understandable. I've tried some solutions posted in the forum but I still didn't manage to make it work.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210923-170109.jpg
    Screenshot_20210923-170109.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 21

ps000000

Sep 17, 2011
Nonthaburi / Bangkok
The screenshot is in Spanish but I hope it still understandable. I've tried some solutions posted in the forum but I still didn't manage to make it work.
Most of OnePlus phones need this app with Viper to make it work.

Press permissive botton.

If you are on stock OOS rom rooted you may need to disable battery optimization both Viper & This app.

My common steps.

Install this app enable permissive , then reboot.

Install Viper module in Magisk.

Run Viper app grant root then ok phone will auto reboot.

Run Viper again setting and enable lagacy option.

Done.

Viper Status will become normal.

Attachments

• SELinuxModeChanger11.apk
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
Reactions: Arksuga

Arksuga

Sep 20, 2021
I don't know what I did, I didn't change nothing on the SeLinux app, but today after uninstalling viper and installing it from an APK instead of from magisk I turned on Legacy mode and started working perfectly.
Is there anyway to see if I turned SeLinux to permissive unintentionally or something?

Lossyx

Jan 14, 2014
OnePlus 7T Pro
I don't know what I did, I didn't change nothing on the SeLinux app, but today after uninstalling viper and installing it from an APK instead of from magisk I turned on Legacy mode and started working perfectly.
Is there anyway to see if I turned SeLinux to permissive unintentionally or something?
No never. SELinux should be in enforcing.
Type "getenforce" in terminal to see selinux mode.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In case the SELinux changer apk does not work for you, try this:
    [MODULE] Debugging modules: ADB Root, SELinux Permissive, Enable Eng | XDA Forums (xda-developers.com)
    Ensure you have Magisk, download the selinux_permissive_v2.zip and install it. For me it worked great.
    Most of OnePlus phones need this app with Viper to make it work.

Press permissive botton.

If you are on stock OOS rom rooted you may need to disable battery optimization both Viper & This app.

My common steps.

Install this app enable permissive , then reboot.

Install Viper module in Magisk.

Run Viper app grant root then ok phone will auto reboot.

Run Viper again setting and enable lagacy option.

Done.

Viper Status will become normal.