• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Can't mount /system R/W in either TWRP or OFox

Search This thread

Azamsm

Jul 30, 2019
I wanted to delete some files from the system like some useless system apps/themes etc. I was trying to root my phone with magisk. The magisk would install but I couldn't make any kind of changes because I found it was read-only! Now if I want it to mount read-write, it just won't. Any solutions, anyone?
Resmi Note 9S Curtana, OFox R11 installed with xiaomi.eu 12.0.1.0, android 11

jwchips

Apr 16, 2007
Redmi Note 9 Pro
You can't mount system because of dynamic partitions (super partition). The script linked above doesn't mount system rw, it just makes a new super partition.

The real way to make edits to dynamic partitions is with adb remount which replaces the old 'mount -o rw, remount /system' method.

The practical way to make edits is systemlessly with a magisk module.

Adb remount info
Dynamic partitions info

• Haha
Reactions: uvzen and Azamsm

Azamsm

Jul 30, 2019
You can't mount system because of dynamic partitions (super partition). The script linked above doesn't mount system rw, it just makes a new super partition.

The real way to make edits to dynamic partitions is with adb remount which replaces the old 'mount -o rw, remount /system' method.

Adb remount info
Dynamic partitions info
I feel superdumb but @jwchips , where am I supposed to put those commands- in custom recovery terminals, in Windows command prompt or in a terminal emulator app?

dfight

Nov 18, 2012
Plz someone teach me step by step. I can't rw system by root explorer in miui rom, but I can do it in aosp rom. I don't know what causing this result. Since android 2 to android 11. Every upgrade time I struggle a lot. Now I spend 2 mouth to search internet but for code noob like me, get nothing. I'm still study it hope a newvice tutorial post.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Adb remount info
    Dynamic partitions info