Question Can't move Apps to SD

Search This thread

walterstegeman

Apr 1, 2018
Not the October security update that just dropped, but the one before it my ability to move Apps to the SD card stopped.bwhennintry it goes through the progress bar to the end but then says not enough space.
I haven't touched any of the settings so I don't know what it could be.
Any ideas?

Reactions: snoozer854

walterstegeman

Apr 1, 2018
Not the October security update that just dropped, but the one before it my ability to move Apps to the SD card stopped.bwhennintry it goes through the progress bar to the end but then says not enough space.
Any ideas?
Called Samsung support. My tablet is still under warranty. He believes the SD card is not being detected correctly. So I am taking it to my local certified Samsung technician.

RunnersFoot

Jul 20, 2012
Toronto
Same Issue here I've tried that force option in the developer options with no success.

Tried several different cards and still no success. I think it's a bug. I've yet to find anyone to tell me that they can do it.

RunnersFoot

Jul 20, 2012
Toronto
Using INS built on A11 and A12 app moving to SD works fine. Could be hardware issue issue definitely not a bug unless you flashed custom rom earlier
Just for clarification. By INS you are referring to the Instagram app?

Also to clarify you were able to do it on the SM-T220 or the SM-T225? Running one UI 4.1?

Last thing what brand and size of SD are you using. This really shouldn't matter but I've heard crazier things.

RunnersFoot

Jul 20, 2012
Toronto
Called Samsung support. My tablet is still under warranty. He believes the SD card is not being detected correctly. So I am taking it to my local certified Samsung technician.
Also just some added information. I've also tried inserting a usb thumb drive as storage and tried to move apps and got the same error. More evidence that it's not hardware related because the same thing is happening multiple different ways with multiple different cards. The very last card I tried was brand new never been in another device therefore low chance it was corrupted.

RunnersFoot

Jul 20, 2012
Toronto
Means Indian Variant of Firmware on A11 and A12.
Running T225 LTE and Yes, UI 4.1 as well.
Could you be using third party app or moving wrong apps which doesn't support external storage functionality?
I'm guessing that is is the reason. Different variant and different regional software. I'm on the North American software.

Also I'm sure it's not the app that doesn't support it because I also have a A7 2020 version and I am able to move the same app on that device. Ex eBay app on both and it works on the A7 but doesn't work on A7 Lite.

Lizsca

Aug 7, 2018
I have the same problem, we're a lot of users with this bug on the Samsung forum, hope the One Ui 5.0 update fix this problem on January.

tom.android

Jul 12, 2016
Tab s7 with remove apps storage ability. May be with next A13 update for Tab a7 lite.
Screenshot_20221220_212828_Settings.jpg

thebiffman

Oct 21, 2011
Linköping
I just installed A13 update on my A7 Lite T-200. Moving apps to external storage seems to work fine for me now :) The device seems to be slightly less laggy overall in the UI aswell.

Reactions: Lizsca

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Any ideas?
    I have the same problem
    I just installed A13 update on my A7 Lite T-200. Moving apps to external storage seems to work fine for me now :) The device seems to be slightly less laggy overall in the UI aswell.