Can't post on phone since major forum overhaul

Search This thread

SyCoREAPER

Retired Forum Moderator
I don't know what the deal is, but i cannot post on XDA on any phone since the major update. Ive tried different phones, different browsers, and different keyboards. Whenever i type it jumps all over the place, adding tons on empty lines, types in-between other words. XDA pp doesn't work either since all it is is a web wrapper. My tablet is fine.

Has anyone else encountered this and found a fix?

SyCoREAPER

Retired Forum Moderator
Are you using the XDA app to view the site?
I'm viewing/using it through Brave browser, no issues.
Ad blocker, firewall or router settings maybe?
No. Mainly browser, Chrome based. But Chrome based and actual Chrome exhibit the same behavior and so does Firefox. App does as well. As mentioned, tried ruling out as many things as possible, down to bare bone but it still misbehaves. But only on my phone. My tablet is fine.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
No. Mainly browser, Chrome based. But Chrome based and actual Chrome exhibit the same behavior and so does Firefox. App does as well. As mentioned, tried ruling out as many things as possible, down to bare bone but it still misbehaves. But only on my phone. My tablet is fine.
That's odd that 2 different browsers are puking on you.
Clear the Chrome, Firefox caches.
Try clearing the system cache.
Maybe a network reset...

I run adblockers but they don't interfere with this site. Script blockers will.
Javascript is needed to post. I get a site warning popup for that though if it's disabled. Maybe you're not getting the warning?

Reactions: sd_shadow

SyCoREAPER

Retired Forum Moderator
Maybe a network reset...

Javascript is needed to post. I get a site warning popup for that though if it's disabled. Maybe you're not getting the warning?
I'd find that unlikely. My phone is basically identical to my tablet (minus that it's a tablet). This has been an on going issue. I've reflashed my phone in-between the issue with ODIN which did a complete wipe.

I no longer do backups, so it's not some old setting or app interfering. It is literally only this dingus forum. It was perfectly fine before the upgrade.

Guess I'll just not use it on my phone and stick to my tablet.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I'd find that unlikely. My phone is basically identical to my tablet (minus that it's a tablet). This has been an on going issue. I've reflashed my phone in-between the issue with ODIN which did a complete wipe.

I no longer do backups, so it's not some old setting or app interfering. It is literally only this dingus forum. It was perfectly fine before the upgrade.

Guess I'll just not use it on my phone and stick to my tablet.

Reflash to the last version that worked if you can.

That's why I don't do updates if I have a fast, stable system that's fulfilling its mission.
If you updated to 12 there are reports of apps not being compatible with it causing erratic behaviors.
The problem app may not seem related to the problem.
Google can blame the 3rd party apps but they knew this would happen. Google scoped storage is not a mature platform... it's a mess

SyCoREAPER

Retired Forum Moderator
Reflash to the last version that worked if you can.

That's why I don't do updates if I have a fast, stable system that's fulfilling its mission.
If you updated to 12 there are reports of apps not being compatible with it causing erratic behaviors.
The problem app may not seem related to the problem.
Google can blame the 3rd party apps but they knew this would happen. Google scoped storage is not a mature platform... it's a mess
Issue wasnt there on 11, appeared on 11 and is still there 12. I'm just going to give up on this as a lost cause. Thought there would be more people with issues like this but since it's a one off I'm going to just forget about it

IamTheBRAVE

What keyboard do you have installed? The issue you describe seems like a keyboard problem.
I used to have a keyboard that whenever you paste something, it erased part of the previous word.
In xda app post box, Gboard has a small issue for me. Whenever i hit enter to make a new line, the cursor stayed on the last word written
Try changing keyboards.

SyCoREAPER

Retired Forum Moderator
I
What keyboard do you have installed? The issue you describe seems like a keyboard problem.
I used to have a keyboard that whenever you paste something, it erased part of the previous word.
In xda app post box, Gboard has a small issue for me. Whenever i hit enter to make a new line, the cursor stayed on the last word written
Try changing keyboards.
Funny you ask. I just noticed I'm using Gboard, not sure when that happened and am having no issues. Was using Samsung Keyboard.

Odd that I only have issues on phones. Same OS, same keyboard, same apps, etc..

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Fixed-ish. Usimg Gboard on my phone and Samsung Keyboard on my tablet. Makes no sense, my OCD of not having them be the same is killing me but i can post.
So something with the Samsung Keyboard?
Try clearing it's data. Clear system cache.
Try rolling it back to factory version or updating it. Generally the factory load version is the most stable. Another Samsung system app could be causing it but no idea which to look at.
When it started is a big clue. Were any apps iupdated, OS upgrade, new apps installed near that time?
Poorly written 3rd party app will sometimes change user hidden settings which will persist even if uninstalled. It's rare but it happens.
Are any Samsung apks disabled or blocked especially system apks?
Could it be malware, sometimes the effects are subtle but Androids tend to be very stable so any glitches or instability should be investigated promptly. A factory reset on Android 9 or higher would rule out malware.
A interesting issue. If you're persistent you'll likely track it down... sometimes it takes a while.

Reactions: sd_shadow

SyCoREAPER

Retired Forum Moderator
Try rolling it back to factory version or updating it. Generally the factory load version is the most stable. Another Samsung system app could be causing it but no idea which to look at.
When it started is a big clue. Were any apps iupdated, OS upgrade, new apps installed near that time?
Poorly written 3rd party app will sometimes change user hidden settings which will persist even if uninstalled. It's rare but it happens.
Could it be malware, sometimes the effects are subtle but Androids tend to be very stable so any glitches or instability should be investigated promptly. A factory reset on Android 9 or higher would rule out malware.
A interesting issue. If you're persistent you'll likely track it down... sometimes it takes a while.
Nope like i said i have since done an ODIN flash from locked to unlocked firmware and the problem persisted. I dont do backups anymore, i set up everything from scratch. It rules out bad settings or troublesome apps.

For being blocked, i have the same blacklist applied as on my tablet.

I dont get what the incompatibility is, let alone why ironically its only XDA.

Im going to live with it and periodically check again as the keyboard is updated.

Reactions: blackhawk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You mean in the app? Use the browser to login if so.
    I don't allow any social media apps on my phone... especially fb.
    Maybe a network reset...

Fixed-ish. Usimg Gboard on my phone and Samsung Keyboard on my tablet. Makes no sense, my OCD of not having them be the same is killing me but i can post.
    Nope like i said i have since done an ODIN flash from locked to unlocked firmware and the problem persisted. I dont do backups anymore, i set up everything from scratch. It rules out bad settings or troublesome apps.

For being blocked, i have the same blacklist applied as on my tablet.

I dont get what the incompatibility is, let alone why ironically its only XDA.

Im going to live with it and periodically check again as the keyboard is updated.