• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Can't Reboot into Recovery Mode and Download Mode

Search This thread

DandyFug

Oct 22, 2021
Hello everyone. So I've been trying ROMS(Rooted Stock, RwizzROM Creator Magisk module, Andy Yan's LineageOS, LineageOS R Mod), I'm currently on LineageOS R Mod with rainbow kernel and I wanted to flash back to stock because the touch-not-working-after-phone-sleeps problem was annoying me. I tried using "adb reboot download", and holding "Vol + and Vol -" button and plugging my phone but it doesn't boot into download mode, same goes for recovery mode with "adb reboot recovery" and "Power and Vol +" button. It just boots up the phone to the phone screen. I also tried factory resetting the phone but it just reboots it and does nothing. The phone still works but now I can't go back to stock ROM. I was just wondering if anybody experienced this as well and is there a possible fix for this or am I stuck with this ROM now?

LAST_krypton

Hello everyone. So I've been trying ROMS(Rooted Stock, RwizzROM Creator Magisk module, Andy Yan's LineageOS, LineageOS R Mod), I'm currently on LineageOS R Mod with rainbow kernel and I wanted to flash back to stock because the touch-not-working-after-phone-sleeps problem was annoying me. I tried using "adb reboot download", and holding "Vol + and Vol -" button and plugging my phone but it doesn't boot into download mode, same goes for recovery mode with "adb reboot recovery" and "Power and Vol +" button. It just boots up the phone to the phone screen. I also tried factory resetting the phone but it just reboots it and does nothing. The phone still works but now I can't go back to stock ROM. I was just wondering if anybody experienced this as well and is there a possible fix for this or am I stuck with this ROM now?
Which model, and where did you get image file of ROM? There could be a chance it replaced your recovery with it's from boot.img, same goes for download mode. But I still think that is less common to happend for download because it is stored on a special partition unlike recovery.
At the end of the day, you can always boot in to META-MODE and from there flash everything new.

DandyFug

Oct 22, 2021
Which model, and where did you get image file of ROM? There could be a chance it replaced your recovery with it's from boot.img, same goes for download mode. But I still think that is less common to happend for download because it is stored on a special partition unlike recovery.
At the end of the day, you can always boot in to META-MODE and from there flash everything new.
SM-A125F
Boot in META-MODE? How do I do that?

DandyFug

Oct 22, 2021
Nvm my question here XD. I finally booted into Download mode. What I did was I turned off my phone then I held the Power and Vol - button and the screen was stuck on a "Charging" image or something then after that I held the power button and when the phone shut down I held the Vol + and Vol - and plugged the phone to my laptop and it booted into Download mode and I am now on Stock ROM again. I'm not sure if that really was META-MODE but it did help me do some searching and trying on my phone. Thanks for the help and knowledge :D

LAST_krypton

Nvm my question here XD. I finally booted into Download mode. What I did was I turned off my phone then I held the Power and Vol - button and the screen was stuck on a "Charging" image or something then after that I held the power button and when the phone shut down I held the Vol + and Vol - and plugged the phone to my laptop and it booted into Download mode and I am now on Stock ROM again. I'm not sure if that really was META-MODE but it did help me do some searching and trying on my phone. Thanks for the help and knowledge :D
Meta mode is diffrent from download mode(odin mode). To enter META-MODE you have to joint pins on the board. And you can't just get that stcuk in a ROM, everything works but you probably are very new to this so it is a new experience for you. And when you are flashing new fimware, I recomend to follow this guide:

• Love
Reactions: DandyFug

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Meta mode is diffrent from download mode(odin mode). To enter META-MODE you have to joint pins on the board. And you can't just get that stcuk in a ROM, everything works but you probably are very new to this so it is a new experience for you. And when you are flashing new fimware, I recomend to follow this guide: