Can't reinstall twrp after accidently updating CM13 to CM14.

Search This thread

pdrift

Jan 21, 2011
I've been running cm13 nightlies on my OP3. I haven't updated in a couple weeks and last night i got a notification that there was some new updates. Since it's been a while i decided to do the update so i let the cmupdater do it's thing and went to bed. This morning i wake up and was greeted with a very cranky phone. I noticed i was having trouble with any google related app, and also popups of google apps crashing. So i go to settings and I see that my phone has been updated to CM14!
well that would explain the Google apps pproblem. I was going to flash gapps for 7.0 but i couldn't get into recovery. I had twrp installed but now i couldn't get into it. the phone reboots, shows the oneplus logo then shuts off. Then i decide to reflash twrp. i put the phone into fastboot mode and from my pc command prompt, tried the fastboot flash recovery. img. it says it was successful but i still can not boot into recovery. I made sure debugging was on and I also accepted my pc key when asked on the phone before booting into fastboot mode. I realise this is a dirty flash but is there anyway of recovering from this ? i usually flash the nightlies myself from the recovery,i don't know why last night i used the cmupdater.

Ducter

Jan 10, 2009
Google Pixel 8 Pro
You probably got it going by now but in case. Which version of twrp are you trying? I would try the latest twrp-3.0.2-23-oneplus3.img. Make sure OEM unlock is checked in device manager, root is allowed as well, try an app like flashify or something that can flash an image from within the OS and see if you have better luck.

pdrift

Jan 21, 2011
You probably got it going by now but in case. Which version of twrp are you trying? I would try the latest twrp-3.0.2-23-oneplus3.img. Make sure OEM unlock is checked in device manager, root is allowed as well, try an app like flashify or something that can flash an image from within the OS and see if you have better luck.

Thank you for your help. I couldn't try the flashify route as it would not install. Something about parsing the package failed. I did manage to fix it by downloading the latest twrp you suggested and flashing that. After that I was able to boot into recovery and flash pico gapps 7.1. Unfortunately that wiped out all of my apps but at least i didn't lose any of my files. Thanks again.

Ducter

Jan 10, 2009
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Thank you for your help. I couldn't try the flashify route as it would not install. Something about parsing the package failed. I did manage to fix it by downloading the latest twrp you suggested and flashing that. After that I was able to boot into recovery and flash pico gapps 7.1. Unfortunately that wiped out all of my apps but at least i didn't lose any of my files. Thanks again.

Glad you got it going, I see now that I mentioned device manager... No clue where that came from lol, was suppose to be developer options. Regardless, you got it and that was the goal.