• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Can't restore G930P Firmware

Search This thread

colin0998

Jun 11, 2014
Syracuse
Ok so here's my issue
For a very long time since the G930U firmware was available to install, I've been using that. Well I decided to want to get my phone unlocked for GSM using those services but it needs Stock Firmware.

So I tried to restore to the latest G930P firmware and ODIN is giving a Volume size error for the system.img.ex4. I've tried now a couple different firmwares and no luck. Any idea?

jotech

Oct 25, 2010
The latest Firmware is PH7 I don't recommend it. PG1 on down are good to go. Extract zip stock firmware to a folder and add it in to Odin all the slots accordingly. BL AP CP CSC the last slot CSC is HOME_CSC not CSC_SPT and start flashing. It always works for me.

Reactions: NewWorldOrphan9

bulletbeef

Apr 9, 2013
Could you share the pit file you used. I tried the same thing with a pit file i found online how ever since the pit i am able to flash bootloader but unable to flash system.ext4. Odin gives me a "failed (auth)" and neyjer the 930u version or the f2 or any of the other stock roms wont flash.... Help please

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The latest Firmware is PH7 I don't recommend it. PG1 on down are good to go. Extract zip stock firmware to a folder and add it in to Odin all the slots accordingly. BL AP CP CSC the last slot CSC is HOME_CSC not CSC_SPT and start flashing. It always works for me.
    I ended up figuring it out. I had to find the stock G930P .PIT mapping's and re-partition because G930U ended up changing the sizes.
    Oh good to know. Thank for sharing